PBEM helper movies problem

Did you use PBEMH while you were running the game? This is a requirement.

Further, did you use the name_xxx naming convention for each turn (the convention where PBEMH names each game file for you with the next number in the sequence). That is also necessary for the movie feature to work.

GaJ.

Ok the problem was the three numbers in the file name. But more than movie this feature is a remade mission feature... seems to me....otherwise sometimes it mispelled file name, with ### to place of number, create a PBEM subdirectory, put error message like invalid turn....and like if it were not enough error 58 cant'move file already exsist....well, you know what I say, I gladly make some less... redface.gif

every way Thanks

KotH

[ April 06, 2004, 10:00 AM: Message edited by: kingofthehill ]

The application numbers each game file sequentially GameName_001.txt GameName_002.txt etc.

It saves all these in a directory called GameName.

It expects that 001 is the first game file: it should have the orders from the first player's setup. etc.

It needs them numbered this way because from the numbers it calculates which turn files contain the next movie to show you.

Then when you hit F5 (or whatever it is - can't remember exactly) it loads up the first movie. Then next time you hit F5 (after you've viewed that movie) it loads up the next one: this will be calculated from the current turn number through some magic and not entirely obvious formula that Fuerte figured out. How it works is actually explained in the Readme, though I know it is not so easy to understand!)

Hope this helps!

GaJ.

Originally posted by GreenAsJade:

The application numbers each game file sequentially GameName_001.txt GameName_002.txt etc.

I have already said no....it mispelled game number...with ###

It saves all these in a directory called GameName.
No again, it saves in default PBEM, game dir, but sometimes when God look around the application create another subdir in default PBEM dir, called PBEM.

Hope this helps!

GaJ.

Really really thanks for help, but I have better to do than anger with an application. For now it bored me, I will try again(perhaps) when I wants again....and I'll remember your advice....

Sincerly

KotH

Nearly I forgot the lasthour news, sometimes it dont start.... redface.gif

That I am unlucky and dumb is possible....but to install Potato (not Sarge) is more easy.... ;)