ASL map size

I just started playing CM and I like to start messing with the editor. I thought I'd start by trying to convert a couple of favorite ASL scenarios. If I wanted to try to replicate a ASL map what would be the approximate dimensions of a single ASL board? If anyone knows off the top of their head I'd much appreciate it. Thanks

You can get good results for tighter urban boards if you halve the scale (assume 20m hexes instead). Then you're not dealing with the airport-runway streets and "every building a Grand Central Station." I made a map where one section is a 1:1 conversion of an ASL city board, and another is a half-scale conversion of the same board (rotated). IMO, you have to look closely to see that one board is represented twice on the map.

Also, don't be afraid to break up the buildings, especially the smaller 1- or 2-hex buildings. The designers said they often represent clusters of smaller buildings instead of a single 40x40m barn or whatever.

I've never tried going the other way, but a double- or triple-scale rural map might be nice.