Can map shape be altered in QBs?

Several ways round this. Most simply, check what map size you have, as if you pick "small", you tend to get long, narrow maps. Go for medium or large and see if that helps. Alternatively, go into the scenario editor and increase the dimension of the map until you are happy, then click auto-generate. Save the map in the QB map folder without adding units and then import when you launch a QB. If you are playing against a human opponent you might want to generate a few maps and let them pick. You can also import maps from the scenarios, and these can be great fun as then are more "sculpted". This is the only way to get rivers and bridges into a QB.

Edited because I did the morning feed.

[ March 20, 2003, 04:11 AM: Message edited by: Monty's Double ]

Thank you, thank you, bless you, bless you. For our little 300 pt armor QBs, the long narrow maps lead to edge camping. I created a bevy of square diagonal maps (start in opposite corners) and it's just been a blast! Basically, with such maps, you feel like the world is as big as you need it...

Originally posted by Monty's Double:

.... You can also import maps from the scenarios, and these can be great fun as then are more "sculpted". This is the only way to get rivers and bridges into a QB.

Or go to my sig below and get over 220 maps specially designed for QB's with all the bells and whistles including realistic flag positions and setup zones that will keep you on your toes ;)

You don't have to download all the maps - there's a list with all the info you need: Battle Type (Axis Probe, Allied Assault, etc); Map Type (City, Rural etc); Map Size (width and height); Hills; Trees; etc etc from which you can choose the map you prefer and then you just download the relevant map pack.

Enjoy

Biltong

Originally posted by easytarget:

ok, not sure what went wrong before, but this time i managed to grab the map list

i guess i should of thought of this before, seeing as how this was posted in cmbb smile.gif

anyway, i was hoping some of these would be for cmbo

is there anything similiar for cmbo?

Not from my side, no - Have a look at the scenario depot, there's bound to be some maps there or ask on the design board or grab a map you like from one of the scenarios.

Biltong