Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

How much more FREE stuff can you get at cmmods.com???

Well, freind, let me tell you how much free stuff you can get.

(Well, maybe not free. I'm gonna start beggin' for some $$$ to upgrade the HD since it's getting filled up rather quickly with the new database system.)

How does 30% more bandwidth sound??

Yes, that's right. The kind folks at WideOpenWest cable (WOW) just added a 3.0M/500k internet connection option. That's 2x/1.3x more than my 1.5M/384k connection that I had. All for only $15/month more. Not a bad deal considering my other cable company wants $250/month for static IP.

It was turned on last night, so you should be seeing the effects already. It seems faster to me, but I could just be dreaming it too. I'll run more tests when I get home tonight to verify the speed.

Enjoy!

COG

P.S. If you see faster d/l speeds, please let me know. Thanks!

Originally posted by Jack Carr:

Just curious. Are you making any money from your hard work? Breaking even? Operating at a loss?

HA HA HA!!! Do you work as a commedian? :D

Seriously, I recieved about $200 in donations last year. With that, I purchased a used UPS backup (which has been invaluable this year...thanks loyal members!!!). I'm probably gonna go begging for $$ again as the server's HD is getting filled up. :(

I'm paying ~$65/month for the connection, then there's the server itself, my time, my wife's complaints (Very expensive! ;) )...etc, etc, etc.

So no, I'm not going to retire off of this little project, if that's what you're asking. Most people donate something to the CM community. CM dedicated websites, active participation on the BB, creating mods, giving historical ballistic info, providing unit TO&E.... the list is endless. My contribution is to maintain the cmmods.com website. I've got the resources and skills, so why not give a little something back.

Now if I could just find some time to play the game! ;)

COG

COG,

Thanks for all your hard work with this. Since I use the site and would like to download some of the larger mods that I experienced bandwidth issues with I will contribute. Thanks for letting us know your situation.

von Nev

Originally posted by ColumbusOHGamer:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Jack Carr:

Just curious. Are you making any money from your hard work? Breaking even? Operating at a loss?

HA HA HA!!! Do you work as a commedian? :D

Seriously, I recieved about $200 in donations last year. With that, I purchased a used UPS backup (which has been invaluable this year...thanks loyal members!!!). I'm probably gonna go begging for $$ again as the server's HD is getting filled up. :(

I'm paying ~$65/month for the connection, then there's the server itself, my time, my wife's complaints (Very expensive! ;) )...etc, etc, etc.

So no, I'm not going to retire off of this little project, if that's what you're asking. Most people donate something to the CM community. CM dedicated websites, active participation on the BB, creating mods, giving historical ballistic info, providing unit TO&E.... the list is endless. My contribution is to maintain the cmmods.com website. I've got the resources and skills, so why not give a little something back.

Now if I could just find some time to play the game! ;)

COG </font>