Explosion graphics mods?

I have an older (CDV, pre "special edition") copy of CMBB and a newer "special edition" copy of CMBO. In CMBO, the explosion graphics are somewhat different (and also the graphics for the "flash" of heavy guns and mortars as the shells leave the barrel/tube) than in CMBB v.1.03. The CMBO graphics show a short of "shock wave" effect to the explosions that I find visually appealing. I don't know if this was some older effect that was phased out for CMBB, or if it is some sort of nifty mod added to the special edition of CMBO. Is there a mod that a computer dunce such as myself could add to CMBB to make the explosion graphics match that in my version of CMBO?

Thanks,

Rokossovski

Originally posted by Rokossovski:

... In CMBO, the explosion graphics are somewhat different (and also the graphics for the "flash" of heavy guns and mortars as the shells leave the barrel/tube) than in CMBB v.1.03. The CMBO graphics show a short of "shock wave" effect to the explosions that I find visually appealing. I don't know if this was some older effect that was phased out for CMBB, or if it is some sort of nifty mod added to the special edition of CMBO.

You're right the first time up - it was an effect that was removed from CMBB because "it didn't look real" - which had the effect of making (in many peoples eyes), the explosions look aniemic - but a camera shake was added in CMBB which beefs them up a bit - so it all evens out.

Is there a mod that a computer dunce such as myself could add to CMBB to make the explosion graphics match that in my version of CMBO?
Not really - it's a hard coded effect, and not accessable to modders. A few attempts were made to reproduce the effect with the explosion .BMP's, but I don't know how successful they were - and have no idea if they would be available anywhere.