Big Great Patriotic War site

Found this while trying to locate a wartime pic of a destroyed Tiger I credited to Novosti Press Agency.

It's got participant accounts, lots of pictures by some of the best wartime photographers, even MP3s of wartime songs. It's a major GPW commemoration by the modern version of Novosti. Enjoy!

http://eng.9may.ru/

Regards,

John Kettler

from the story of the day:

He began fighting in 1940 against the Finns and took part in the famous landing at Hango. The Finns had machine guns and the Russians only had rifles. But Russian marines are different from anyone else because they do not fear anyone anywhere. They took Hango and soaked the Finns in blood.
Every time I visit Karelia I remember my grandfather: had he and his comrades been less courageous and brave, we would not have seen this beauty. Russians forever discouraged Finns from venturing into what was originally Russian land.
if i didn't know any better i'd take that site as a joke or a parody. it's saddening that our dear neighbours still today live at the depths of some parallel universe out of the Twilight Zone.