Calling All You Tactical Grogs...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Sergei:

Yes, it is dated 1938. Actually the piece of land is pretty close to that one, just more to the south (Ihantala is not included).

It seems that you have the same maps of Karelian Isthmus that I have. smile.gif

Have you kept grain fields in their 'realistic' shape and form or have you made them look prettier in the game (no diagonal lines with them)?

You mean the ditches and other divisions going through them? I figured that there hardly would be a 20 metre wide border between them, so I just made them continuous. But in some places I did put some stuff inbetween.

Marjamaki.jpg

One thing, though. The grain crops in CMBB look really big. As I'm no agrologist, I'm not really sure but they do look kinda too big for June/early July in Finland, I suppose they're modelled after Ukraine... Also, since these are pre-war maps: did all the evacuee population return to these villages and would all the fields have been sown that summer as usual? Would some of the fields be as fallow (kesanto)? :confused: Obviously we'd need a Farming Grog here. What's the MTK Helpline number?.. :D

[ September 03, 2003, 08:41 AM: Message edited by: Sergei ]

Originally posted by Sergei:

You mean the ditches and other divisions going through them? I figured that there hardly would be a 20 metre wide border between them, so I just made them continuous. But in some places I did put some stuff inbetween.

I meant that only straight lines for grain fields look good in the game. Skewed lines don't look good at all, ya'know?

Edited to add that after you put that picture in, I see that you have used skewed lines, and opted for realism over eye-candy. smile.gif

[ September 03, 2003, 08:46 AM: Message edited by: Keke ]