Macintosh Radeon 9000 issues

I've done a search and haven't found anything on this yet. Just bought a G4 powerbook with an ATI Radeon 9000. I can't get either CMBB or CMBO to run under OS9, even when I start up the computer under OS9.

I looked at ATI's site but apparently I have the latest drivers and it wasn't clear to me that the card would work with anything else.

Anybody know if there are any plans for updates for CMBB and/or CMBO to run under OSX? I don't know how to resolve this issue otherwise.

Thanks in advance.

The ATI Radeon 9000 series on the Mac has some RAVE driver issues. There's a thread about this issue on in the Tech Support forum. However there are no solutions right now to the 'psychadelic colors' that users are seeing. It may take awhile for ATI or Apple to resolve this problem, especially since OS X is the bigger priority for them.

I doubt that there is anything that can be changed in CM to 'fix' this problem. An ATI Radeon 8500 doesn't have this particular problem, so this seems to be an issue with the drivers for the 9000 series and their architecture differences from previous Radeons.