Lucky Strikes Panther A (early)

For those working on a Norrey battle (you know who you are ;) ), I've adapted the Panther A mod I posted at Zimorodok's site & posted the early version, complete with skirts @ CMMODs. It's in the CMBB section, as I've only tried it out in CMBB, though I understand the 3D model is the same in CMAK.

Hope it's what you were looking for ...

UncleTgt, thank you. In my previous post on this subject I made a bit of a mess of it. What I meant to say is that I would like to have a PZ V A with skirts (so NOT the PZ V A EARLY version with skirts) in Lucky Strikes camo pattern (12th SS). At the moment the PZ V A doesn't have skirts.

Can you perhaps tell me how I can re-number the BMP files, so I can have a PZ V A (not the early A version) with skirts if possible? I've tried it, but can't figure it out.

Aragorn, I don't think it's possible. I think the hard coded 3D model for the Pz VA doesn't have a separate location that you can place the skirt bmp onto. The Pz VA (early) does have a separate bmp location. Think of it as a canvas that the game projects a painting onto.

The only way I can think of getting a PzVA with a skirt is to paint it on over the hull side, suspension & wheel bmp, & I'm guessing it just won't look right.

The only other differences between Pz VA & Pz VA early is the bow mg mount, & the hull top needs tweaking to fit (longer mudguards, & a different location for the forward hull top. This is because of how the game projects the bmp onto the 3D model.).

Does CMAK have a Pz V early? Couldn't you just use early PzVA in the Norrey scenario as a trade off?

UncleTgt, I was afraid of that, thank you for confirming it. CMAK does have a Pz V early and I'm using it now. My only problem with that is that the Pz V A early doesn't have the same optics as the Pz V A. I was hoping to give the 3rd Panzer Company some better odds. At the moment their shooting doesn't impress me. I think I will use the Pz V A without skirts instead. Sorry for being such a perfectionist and thanks for your patience ;)

Well, since they are well trained, but do not have any experience, I gave them the status of veterans, which is the best I can do for them. Any better would be unrealistic. I did consider to reduce the quality of the Firefly gunners, but the British gunners were good and I gave them the status of regulars, which perhaps doesn't do them justice. But it's allright, I will experiment on and of course heavy losses on the German side are exactly what they should be. In reality they hardly did get the chance to fire a shot. Perhaps I can change the situation a bit more by sending the Panzergrenadiere ahead of the tanks, so they can help to identify the Fireflies and six-pounders in an earlier stage, so the Panthers can protect their flanks better. You've got to love this game, it feels so realistic that sometimes I feel I'm watching history, instead of a game.