CMMods.com is back up for modders!

Just a thought, I tried uploading one of my mods which I had in ace format rather than zip format, it came back with error saying not a zip file. Any chance of allowing ace format? With bmp's ace can result in over 50% smaller files. Im sure mac's can use ace if thats a concern. My file is over 3mb in zip but only 1.4mb in ace format.

Something to consider, especially to reduce traffic volume (by half!!).

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by ColumbusOHGamer:

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by massimorocca:

Hi COG, a suggestion.

Could you make the preview image the default opening page for the mods instead the text info?

Just try using my forum instead to have a look at the mods.

I am hopeing that modders will post in that with screenshots.

If enough do post it will be another way to have a look at mods and hopefully spare up some band width from CMMODS.

You should be able to pop into my forum and make a list of mods to download then pop into CMMODS to download them.

So come on modders when you upload to CMMODS drop by my place and post there.

YES, YES please, with so many artworks apreview site like the old CM Outpost is really needed.

Thanks Gautrek

Massimo

Originally posted by Pud:

Any chance of allowing ace format?

Sorry, but I'd have to rewrite about 2/3 of the website to accomidate another file type. Everything is based around .zip file extentions.

Besides, I'm a HUGE fan of standardization and allowing multiple file types would make things more complex. As you can see by the rest of the CMMods.com website, simplicity is the focus. Everyone knows that when they come to CMMods.com, they'll have a .zip to work with.

COG