Russian Arty Pieces

Which missing pieces are you referring to? They have 76mm pillboxes, and various field guns up to 85mm AA I think. There is some rule-of-thumb that dictates the largest available on-map caliber for each country... something like it's the smallest divisional field gun (not AA like Soviet 85mm AA). So the Sov's had 76mm and 122mm at Division, but only 76mm makes it b/c it's the smallest. Same reason why Germans get the 105mm howitzer, but the Soviets get nothing that big.

if you're designing a scenario, there is a way to get some soviet 122mm and 152mm into a game... even if it's 1941 you can temporarily set the parameters to 1943, then buy su122 and 152s... then set it back to 1941... have the soviets defending and set it to 'dug in including vehicles'... then set the SUs up dug in with locked setup... or better yet have no soviet setup zone at all then everything will automatically be locked... except for trps if memory serves...

anyway, by using dug-in su afvs, you can emulate soviet 122mm or 152mm in the direct fire mode...

another choice could be the kv2 ... which is actually what i'd originally used... but i think SUs make for a better fight...