German, Russian Glossary of Shouts?

The comments fit the game by category, but seem to be random within each category. Or something like that.

There tend to be several files per category that say essentially the same thing but with slightly different phrasing. That makes it a little less obvious that the dialogue is canned.

Sadly the dialogue lists for Finnish, Polish, Hungarian, and Romanian seem to be irretrievably lost due to a computer crash at BTS several years back. I would really like to know what they are saying, though it's not hard to guess.

I could have sworn there was a CMBO Polish dialogue list a few years back -- I'd be really curious to know if CMBB and CMAK use the same phrases.

The issue here is that Warsaw Ghetto mods are completely off if the defenders of the Ghetto are speaking Russian -- you at least want them to be speaking Polish with some Yiddish mixed in. To achieve that effect you need to know the exact boundaries for each category of dialogue, and do the switch category by category. This is essentially what a couple of Spanish wargaming clubs did when they translated the German dialogue into Spanish and produced their own sound mod -- great for SCW and Division Azul on the Eastern Front.

I could have sworn that someone had done a transcription of the Romanian dialogue, but can't ever seem to find it when I go looking for it. And I really wish that our resident Finns and Hungarians would produce the lists for their own languages. Anybody can read French or German, but not many people understand Finnish and Magyar outside their home countries.