All new scenarios at The Proving Grounds

Well, since it's been a nice, quiet weekend - hope all is well with everybody - I thought I'd do some more pimping for the site.

We've got 19 new scenarios for CMBB and 5 for CMBO ready for download. Some created by old favorites (ASL Veteran for one) and many by some new designers with some great talent (TheIKE, The Graeme (not sure why the "The" is part of the names...haven't asked :D )).

All we ask is that you give a quick review to help the designers finish the scenario and get them moved along to places like the Scenario Depot. Reviews are easy, no ratings, no rankings, nobody's feelings to hurt, just a simple blurb about gameplay and force balance maybe and any ideas that you might have to suggest to the designers.

Sign-up is easy, just pick a nickname (use the one you use here if you want), choose a password and then give an email address so that scenario designers can follow up with you.

Stop by and look around, link in my sig line below.

GJK

Forgot to mention, if you're a scenario designer or wannabe scenario designer and need a place to upload your work to and have some people play test it for you, you're welcome to do so here.

[ August 24, 2003, 09:29 PM: Message edited by: GJK ]

smile.gif

im glad u asked... ;)

im not The Ike...im just plain theike

my real name is theo

and some say thei to theo, well in the Netherlands they do.

so thei-ke is a kind of a childsname for theo-ke.

The -ke is something like from...John to Johnny. Ore like from Peter to little Peter.

Its to make it sound 'smaller', ore more loveable.

So im just theike. Its a real name smile.gif

I never said anything because Ike is cool too...lol, i kind of started to like you calling me Ike.

U just keep on calling me whatever u like, its all fine with me.

Its just a name.

cya around

[ August 24, 2003, 11:24 PM: Message edited by: theike ]

When Cromwell invaded Scotland, at one battle a Clan warrior named Graeme was locked in a deadly embrace with a Cromwellian officer. Not having his hands free, Graeme ripped out the throat of his opponent with his teeth, and was forever after known as THE Graeme (term probably used by people hoping to avoid a fight with him).

My father claimed this is why he chose the name Graeme for me. So if the Puritans ever regain control of merry olde England, watch out! For I will be unleashed!

But then, knowing my father's sense of humour, he probably made up the whole story. Anyway, I just use the term to make it easier for people to remember me. No persona implied. I don't actually go around biting the throats out of people...

Cheers!