'

''

'

'

'

'

'

'

Just out of curiosity, how many turns did you need to reach the first buildings? It took me over 15 turns to get a 1/2 recon squad to the closest building and I was wondering how that compared to others playing OSF - I am really having some trouble moving forward. How do you guys find the overall difficulty level of the campaign?

I am playing it also, but am using a very careful approach because of the fog. Whenever I will encounter mounting resistance there on one point I want to have as much firepower in the shortest possible time to pull out own pinned troops. The woods are scary, after every tree in this fog there may be the blairwitch. :eek:

<CENTER>--== SPOILER ALERT ==--</CENTER><HR>

Tankovoe:

OSF can look very difficult but in fact you got used to normal CM playing where the final AAR shows how good you were and if you have won.

In this case it's your primal objective to get the access code. To achieve this in Tankovoe you have to push the AI Southwards by advancing with your troops in this direction.

In the 1st battle you should only do some <U>Reconnaissance</U> and not try to make an assault with your recon troops. I could tell you how reconnaissance was conducted but there are a lot of topics and scripts which explain into detail how to do this in CM.

While you're conducting you recon manoeuvre you automatically gain ground which will be crucial for your assault in Battle 2. When concentrations of enemy are spotted you can soften up the defence line with artillery bombardments.

Major Schmidt (III./IR 437/ID 132) should conduct the assault with his infantry battalion. They'll arrive between battle 1 and 2.

132ID-1.jpg

<font size="-2">Oberst Altmann (IR 438), Generalmajor Lindemann (132. ID),

Oberst Kindsmüller (IR 437), Major Schmidt (III./IR 437)</font>

<u>Here you can view an example of an assault on Tankovoe (flash /250kb)</u>

<font size="-2">(Screen stays black until the movie is fully loaded)</font>

Krasn'ii Mak (Turn 2) is very different from Tankovoe (1). You don't have to be afraid; there's really nothing to afraid of. Be patient and careful. Try to read <u>some scripts about infantry attacks</u> and use your units where they were made for. Check where they came from (displayed in the units name description) and keep them together, even in later battles.

<HR><CENTER>--== SPOILER ALERT ==--</CENTER>

Good luck,

Nils

thanks for the video, really neat!

spoiler follows

;

;

;

;

;

;

;

;

;

;

;

;

;

;

;

;

;

;

;

;

;

;

;

;

;

;

;

;

;

;

;

;

;

;

;

;

;

;

;

;

;

;

;

;

;

;

;

;

;

Funny, I pushed really deeply on the left flank, reaching the woods that overlook the ravin-like depression. In the center, my recon troops got wiped out. As for the right flank, the video shows really well where the recon troops should stop. I foolishy decided to duke it out on that flank and I managed to push to the mosque.

Unfortunately, I got caught in the open on the left at the start of turn 2.

I really need more practice with recce.

Thanks.