Is there any way to make movies??

I've used a tiny little freebie called FRAPS. worked a treat as I swooped around the battlefield.

At the high frame rate I used [too high] a minute = 427 MB avi movie. That is the raw capture and then if you are keen you use a compression programme to get it to a reasonable length. The size possibly added to me moving and zooming over a very large map.

It does not do sound but I believe there is a workaround. Site is www.fraps.com

;)

Ok. Thanks guys. I'll play around with them. No way to make one uninterrupted movie of an entire battle eh (on the PC, not Mac)? Other games have replay features, I don't see why this couldn't be considered for CM 2. I can't think of anything cooler than watching the full-length battle unfold after it's over! :eek:

Originally posted by aleader:

Ok. Thanks guys. I'll play around with them. No way to make one uninterrupted movie of an entire battle eh (on the PC, not Mac)? Other games have replay features, I don't see why this couldn't be considered for CM 2. I can't think of anything cooler than watching the full-length battle unfold after it's over! :eek:

There's an app for the PC called SnagIt that looks promising. It might be the SnapzPro of the Windows world.

One thing to keep in mind is that video capture eats up disk space - You can find yourself with a 700MB movie in no time.

Gyrene

Fraps I think would allow you to knit all your AVI movies together. However you are going to be doing a sort of Directors cut.

If you use PBEMHelper you can pull up each movie, either sides views, on after the other and then roam the battlefields as you wish.

I have not tried this side of PBEMHelper but apparently it works