Cannister useage.

Im playing "Lonely Country" as the allies. I have a T34 with 20 rounds of canister 44m away from a squad of Germans in a foxhole ducking for cover. The T34 has yet to fire one canister round and continuously fires HE. I have sat and watched the load out number not change. The number of canister remains at 20. Is that right? Why wont it fire canister? Is it because the Germans are not exposed enough or what?

On another note, I have just finished the same scenario, I went back to look at the map and I noticed the AI gave many of its squads the assault order from more than 500 meter away. Is that insane or what? I need to start playing a human more often. This is no fun. Hurry up with that tourny! ;)

Exactly. You can fire a shotgun at someone hiding behind a brick wall all day and all you will do is scratch the wall. Cannister is a close in defensive weapon (although like anything else it can be used offensivly). The pellets don't have the mv or the mass to penetrate much more than clothing and flesh, especially at more than a couple hundred meters. Plus there is a minimum range of a few meters before you get a good spread of the shot. If you fire it too close you will ruin one guys day but his buddies will take you out.

Remember, quys in a foxhole are in just that a hole. A standard foxhole is at least sholdier deep which puts it at about 4 feet give or take. If you duck down you now have several feet of undisturbed dirt between you and the bad guys. Kind of hard to penetrate unless you can blow it up, hense the HE. :D

[ January 04, 2003, 10:18 AM: Message edited by: Sgtgoody ]