Right that's It!! I've had enough...grrrrrrr!!!

...and you guys think you have a bad time.

I lead my girlfriend to believe I’m seeing someone else so I can get a couple of evenings to myself to experience some combat simulation. :(

Just joking there :D , just hope she doesn’t read this tread!

Mies

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hans wrote:

She really hated it when I was playing close combat (before CM existed) which had a particular phrase, "The blood the blood" which drove her crazy.

My wife still yells "Ahh, das Blut, das Blut" in a high-pitched and mocking voice whenever she wants me to lower the volume or just make fun of me for being a geek.

Hate to break this to you, MG 42, but.....

The CM game system is still that; a game. Just a damn sight more realistic on so many elements of WWII tactical warfare than all of the other contenders out there.

If it were to be a true die-in-the-wool sim, then "Franko's True Combat Rules" (or somefink) would have to be coded in as mandatory settings.

Artillery plotting would jump to about three or four magnitudes of complexity to perform.

And so forth.

I'm glad that BF has demonstrated how to walk the fine line in the CM evolution. Where it can improve realism while also maintaining playability, it does so, but doesn't sacrifice one on the altar of the other as often the case in so many other games.

i don't know if this post has the right tone but:

i used to work with my gf. she was the girl all the lads in the office lusted after, including me.

well anyway, she left & the news that we had started seeing each other could be released, to universal cries of "you lucky, lucky barrrstard".

so there are 4 of us in work who play computer games (yes GAMES HAHAHA) 1 guy, Dan, who's a proper mate & 2 others who are, you know, work mates.

so i was going on again about CM:BB and one of the other guys said "i don't know how you find the time, i thought you said Sam came round last night?". i looked puzzled and Dan said "...Dude, she lets him play computer games while she watches TV.".

there was a stunned, admiring silence.

hehe.