Radeon 9800 Owners Please

OK, sorry to be a bit persistant in this, but I just spent the last 1.5 hours trying to update my ATI drivers to the CAT 4.10 in hopes I might end up with fog in CMBB. I have the SP2 patch installed in XP, and I first got a message saying that the publisher (ATI) was "unrecognized". Interesting. I proceeded with the install anyways, but it failed partway through, and I had to do a restore, then a reinstall of the 4.7 drivers in order to get any video at all to work. Now, before I take the risk and repeat this little exercise, is anyone here running a Radeon 9800 Pro card with the latest (4.9 or 4.10) drivers, and if so, are they seeing fog (ATI claims they fixed that little problem some time ago and I should update my drivers - hhmmnn)? If they are running those drivers and they are getting fog, I'll try and update one more time. If they are running the latest drivers but NOT seeing fog in CMBB, then I'll leave the drivers where they sit, and as soon as I have a bit of extra cash, I'll go get an NVidia card (yeah I know, graphics aren't as good, but from what I've experienced and heard, they aren't nearly the hassle either).

Many thanks, and sorry to rehash an old subject.

Glenn

Yes sir, I have done that, and all say that fog isn't visible in CMBB with a Radeon card. However, supposedly the 4.10 drivers have fixed some of the fog issues, but ATI weren't (refused?) to be specific about just what was fixed, or how (i.e. they didn't say that they will now show fog in DX9-based sims/games). All I get from them is an automated reply, which isn't helping. Anyway, since 4.10 drivers just came out in the past couple of days, it is unlikely there will be anything that recent in the tech support forum at this point (however, I will double-check again just to be sure).

Thanks for your time and the reference.

Glenn

Yes, I saw that too (regarding the Mac). Unfortunately I can't seem to get ATI to respond directly to my question (automated replies), but from re-reading the posts as you suggested, I'm betting that nothing's been done. I've had numerous other problems with this card as well, so I think I'm going to switch to the NVidia after all. This is my second ATI card, and I've had serious issues with both now. Such is life.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Glenn

Thanks guys. I have had the omega's before and they worked great. Don't know if you get fog or not though since it's still a Radeon card. I think I'll give them a try though, as it'll be about $500 Cdn to replace this card with something equivalent. My next PC sure won't have an ATI in it though (this is only one of my problems). Many thanks again.

Glenn