Brooding over stale ale, cheery ants and moldy waffles

Originally posted by Shosties4th:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Axe2121:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Shosties4th:

WTF? Seven concurrent games and only two turns tonight?

*sigh*

What's a TNT-chucker supposed to do?

Yeah, well one of them had the ball in your court, buster. </font>

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Axe2121:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by mike_the_wino:

Wanna have another go at it, tough guy? How about some ski troops on the steppes? You know I will send you turns on a regular basis. :D

Roit! Setup! E-mail! Now!

Hey Rope-a-dope. I feel your pain. After my recent glorious major victory against Snackfood, he is using our rematch to take out his frustrations on my troops in a manner most foul. However, I do hope to stab at him from hell's heart.

Or Goodale's basement. Whichever is closer.

I didn't get a turn yesterday from our resident freak and geek either Soddball. He's still trying to recover from the loss of that KV-2.

Dave H has taken to complaining about the Rumanian weather. Not too surprising from a guy who runs for the basement during spring showers. I can just picture safety drills in the Hutchens household.

Dave: "Alright, many of you thought his time wouldn't come. Many times you thought me insane. But it's here -- the weather forecast is calling for --- partly cloudy with a chance of showers!!! This is the moment you've been training for. All the blood, sweat and tears will now come together and pay off!! You know what to do!! Go!! Go!! Go!!!

Lights out?!

Check!!

Appliances unplugged?!

Check!!

Windows closed?!

Check!!

Pets set loose?!

Check!!

To the bomb shelter!!!"

Jas :mad: n </font>

Originally posted by Snarker:

Axe you ignorant puck jockey! :mad: This is our first game - revenge is your dish after you lose.

Wait a minute. Wasn't that you I beat like a dog on that Old Dog map? Remember -- you with the Stug on the hill and the lack of foresight to leave somebody guarding that flag?

Or have I gone completely batty?

Or have I gone completely batty?

Whoa, talk about your rhetorical questions! :D

By the way Axe (you maggot), take a look at this web site here. If you wonder why I get nervous when the weather gets stormy, remember I was working in downtown Louisville on this afternoon. :eek: :(

Hey, I did a story on the 15th anniversary of a series of tornados that ripped through southern Ontario in 1985, killing eight or nine people. I interviewed a couple who were blown right out of their home and landed in their neighbor's yard 200 feet away, still in each other's arms! :eek: To this day they head for the basement at the slightest sign of a thunderstorm. Even their dog headed for the basement for a few years after it.

Not that any of this will keep me from giving you the gears. tongue.gif

Hey, I did a story on the 15th anniversary of a series of tornados that ripped through southern Ontario in 1985, killing eight or nine people. I interviewed a couple who were blown right out of their home and landed in their neighbor's yard 200 feet away, still in each other's arms! :eek: To this day they head for the basement at the slightest sign of a thunderstorm. Even their dog headed for the basement for a few years after it.

Not that any of this will keep me from giving you the gears. tongue.gif

Well, I wasn't expecting a miracle! :D

That couple you interviewed were very, very lucky. Wind that powerful picks up so much dirt and grit that it actually sands the skin off of animals, including people. :eek:

So, do my cooly professional Hungarians owe you a turn, or do your cowardly gamey Romanians have the next move? The only reason I mentioned the weather in our battle is because our first fight was at Soddball's Kneiber Dam at midnight. Now we're fighting at dusk in a driving rainstorm. Someday maybe we'll have a battle in daylight. :rolleyes:

Edited to add that, come to think of it, my loss to mike_the_whino was in Soddball's Inferno, also at night. My draw with mike was in the snow. Maybe I need to stick to daylight and better weather conditions.

[ May 28, 2003, 11:25 AM: Message edited by: Dave H ]

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Snarker:

Axe you ignorant puck jockey! :mad: This is our first game - revenge is your dish after you lose.

Wait a minute. Wasn't that you I beat like a dog on that Old Dog map? Remember -- you with the Stug on the hill and the lack of foresight to leave somebody guarding that flag?

Or have I gone completely batty? </font>

Grrr!!! You owe me a turn Dave!! :mad: :mad:

Get those umbrellas out and march!! Don't worry, they're lead proof. :mad: :mad:

And as for Snafu, maybe you could also forget how to use AFVs for a while? Like for, oh, 18 turns or so?

Thanks so much.

TNT turns of fury out to all you maggots tonight.

Unless Masterupchuck is still busy mopping up. Maybe his daughter got a sight of his tactics before she got so sick.

Jas :mad: n

Originally posted by Dave H:

Edited to add that, come to think of it, my loss to mike_the_whino was in Soddball's Inferno, also at night. My draw with mike was in the snow. Maybe I need to stick to daylight and better weather conditions.

You call SNOW better weather? The way those Ruskies piss all over themselves it turned the map into a muddy, murky quagmire. Hell, inf squads were becoming bogged down and immobile. I am sure at least 3 of em were just swallowed up by the earth. :mad:

"Inferno" on the other was a proper, overly dry forest that could be set alight from the crackle of static electricity. Now dems good weather conditions.

You whack-jobs east of the Rockies have funny ideas on what constitutes "good" weather. snarke even had the nerve to say "snow is fun if you have kids". This is after the lad has dug the footing for his patio which is the construction equivilent of an underground parking lot so it doesn't get all screwy with the freexing and the thawing. Well, no thank you. I live one hour from the nearest snow flake and I am perfectly happy driving to them should I be so inclined.

Soddball sure looks good for a dead guy.

Yes, but he still stinks the same, doesn't he?

Keke you've almost panicked all of Russia.

Snarker scared:

index2.gif

Originally posted by MasterGoodale:

Maggots! The whole lot a ya!!

Gosh, Goody, you sure are in a good mood today!

Please send the turn so I can finish kicking your yankee butt. Upchucking daughters notwithstanding.

Bwahaaaaaaaa.

Don't spit in the wind.

A rolling KV-2 gathers plenty of TNT.

A hidden squad in the woods is worth ten in the steppe.

And a one-shot one-kill 'shrek - priceless. </font>

Keke you are a hoor. A Finnish hoor to be sure, but a hoor nonetheless. The plate is full so our match will have to wait til I "Finnish" with Prinz Eugen.

Unlike Captain Suck, aka Dave H, I only play against one Finn at a time. The smell of lutefisk and all can be overwhelming.