Face BMP question

Hi all. A few questions about face textures...

Does anyone know about face .bmp's in CMBB? The files are 5100 through 5121, but some of the faces are duplicated. Does this mean that the duplicates could be replaced without losing any of the current faces (or just losing their frequency of appearance)?

Also, the faces after 5114 are duplicates of earlier faces but with a very visible brown/olive undershirt collar where the earlier faces have bare skin. Could these be winter faces (which I thought CMBB didn't support)? The color of the T-shirts looks more Russian than Axis, so could these be Russian-only faces?

I noticed a while ago that CMBB soldiers are brunettes to a man. Given all the nordic types (on both sides) running around on the Eastern Front, I'm thinking of making some blond boys.

A bunch of half-answers:

I believe some of those faces are reserved for the aged and infirm Home Guard, though I'm not sure which. The ones with the green collars are reserved for specific Russian uniform types (that needed collars, of course)... again I'm not sure which. Also, I do know that CMBB has more slots reserved for faces than they have original face art. I haven't looked into the bmp folder to check the face bmp numbers used, perhaps they duplicated faces to fill all the slots?