Appear Neither Void Nor Empty In the Sight or Presence of the Peng Challenge

Roight, then! We're about to have a coronation here in the Peng Challenge Thread, the Mother Beautiful Thread, wot some call 'The Cesspool'.

All are welcome in for this most solemn moment. Least we hope it's going to be solemn, with candles, and singing, and all sorts of oaths given and taken, and generally just as highbrow as hell.

So, everyone file into the pews (yeah, yeah, I know they're folding chairs, but in a ceremony like this they're called 'pews'), and sit quiet unless yer spoken to or we need something out of your useless selves.

We'll have a normal, straight-forward reading of the usual rules after the ceremony.

Now then.

Alright, you lot! Listen up, as it’s time for the Coronation of Madman Meeks, who’s after being our new King, and all. And we’re going to bloody well do this roight and proper, and not look like a bunch of silly buggers. So Berli, Peng and I’ve gone out, and we’ve found this very proper coronation ritual as has served well the Kings of Englande, which is a small country somewhere in the Atlantic Ocean. I think Scotland sits on it, or somefink. So, everyone to your places, and shut yer yaps until the ceremony’s finished.

First the prince who is to be crowned, the day before his coronation, shall be appareled and clothed with the most noble and fairest of clothing. And so he shall ride from Tower of London to his palace at Westminster, thoughout the city of London, riding with him the temporal lords and the common folk of the same city, [accompanied] by other very noble people.

Roight, then. Who’s wearing something presentable, and has clean underwear on?

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by major_tom:

WHAT!

what the hell has gone so horribly wrong in this topsy turvey upside down world of yours that the Peng thread now NEEDS three seperate threads?

the horror

the horror

-tom w

Quiet, you! Wait a minute. That's a nice shirt you've got on, you Outer Board ragamuffin. Get it off, we need it for the ceremony.

Do it now, you bugger!

Originally posted by Seanachai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Mike:

Whe the ferk is Meeks?

Right, I've had enough out of you, you Kiwi bugger! Get yer trousers off, His Majesty is after needing them for the ceremony.

Hop to it, or we'll give your place to the Aussies!</font>

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

Seanachai, I have prepared a fire and am warming up my best set of tongs.

Do we have some WD40 for the bloody iron maiden? It hasn't been used in so long that it squeals something awful when one opens it.

Steve

Good point...er, your jacket, or suit coat, or whatever you law types call it. It's very nice.

Hand it over, our King needs a coat!

Bugger, at this rate, coming up with 'clothing noble and fairest' is going to take all sodding night.

Especially this shirt from that Outer Board lad. I think he's got lice...

Footwear, and a hat. We need some kind of toff hat for the king, and some good footwear.

Christ, you people! I can't do this all on me own! Let's see some 'Coronation Spirit' here!

Did I mention that Berli is offering a free, 'Get Out of Hell For Vicious Acts That Don't Result in Death' card?

Well, well, well. I see everything has promptly fallen to pieces without the wholesome glue of my philosophy to hold it together.

So I return. Crown me if you like, but it's really not necessary. After all, it's for your good I'm here.

And my battles continue:

Despite strong appearances to the contrary, Seanachai is losing very badly and is about to be overrun by my armor in spite of the mud, which is really not an issue.

Abbot is losing. I forget how badly, since I can't remember how long it's been since I've gotten a turn. I'm sure he'll get back to losing shortly.

Nidan's defensive perimeter at Kamisomething are about to being holed, breached, penetrated, rolled up, and annihilated.

I am honoring Lt. Hortland's request from long ago that I, if I recall correctly, "kick his teeth in."

Panzer Leader hasn't sent a turn in ages. Probably because he is losing.

Now...LISTEN UP, all ye who have as yet been not been named in BOLD.

Berli cannot continue our current battle for reasons which preclude mockery. He has kindly provided the password so that one of YOU gimps can take over. So...someone step up to the plate. It's a lovely little battle with me as the doughty Finns as you as the Russian hordes. It's only been a few turns and Berli hasn't bungled anything too badly yet.

Originally posted by Malakovski:

Well, well, well. I see everything has promptly fallen to pieces without the wholesome glue of my philosophy to hold it together.

Ah! Good, one of my own Squires.

Get your goddamn boots of, and do it now. You heard me. Now, laddy buck!

Bugger. The hat. Where are we going to get a decent plumed hat?!

Bugger. The hat. Where are we going to get a decent plumed hat?!

Pluck a few quills from the unkempt flora of your verbiage and then tape them to the bottom of your bedpan, careful not to disturb the contents. Now, hold the bedpan over your head, quickly invert, and jam it down on your noggin.

The plumes should stick up nicely, and if you've performed the operation quickly enough, you might even find it has a bit of liner.

Pluck a few quills from the unkempt flora of your verbiage and then tape them to the bottom of your bedpan, careful not to disturb the contents. Now, hold the bedpan over your head, quickly invert, and jam it down on your noggin.

The plumes should stick up nicely, and if you've performed the operation quickly enough, you might even find it has a bit of liner.

SILENCE, YOU IDIOT! WE'RE INVESTING A KING!

You don't post for weeks, doubtless because your day-release program frowns on you using the tools that led to your original arrest, and then you show up here in a solemn f'ing moment and blather on.

Now, be a good Squire, and GO FIND ME A GODDAMN FANCY PLUMED HAT!

Alright, alright, I've picked a handful of the flowers that grow from the graves of your dead soldiers. I think they're called Toss-me-aways or some such.

Anyway, I've got that and a bucket of cold borsht.

Can we make due with that?

originally posted by the court Privy counciler:

SILENCE, YOU IDIOT! WE'RE INVESTING A KING!
The king is already infested!

You've given him lice from the outerboards - where he's got his tits in a tangle anyway, you don't want to know what you've given him from Mike's pants and apparently some sort of cranial flora from yourself.

The poor bugger will be scratching himself forever more!!

Perhaps he should be titled "Your Itchiness!!

[ January 17, 2003, 12:31 AM: Message edited by: Stalin's Organ ]

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

Alright, alright, I've picked a handful of the flowers that grow from the graves of your dead soldiers. I think they're called Toss-me-aways or some such.

Anyway, I've got that and a bucket of cold borsht.

Can we make due with that?</font>

Originally posted by Seanachai :

A hat sir, I present to you, from a donkey, yes,

but from a firm source, sir,I can attest, the patriarch whence the the kingdom but required a shoe.

A most noble steed then and but requires the blessing of ceremony.

edited but to grovel further.

[ January 17, 2003, 12:36 AM: Message edited by: Egbert ]