Stalingrad - Single player battle

Hey folks, i know you older players would probably rather shoot your keyboards than discuss another battle in the sewers, tractor factory, rail yard, Pavlov's house, or any other scenario you've already played.

I haven't downloaded any scenarios or been anywhere but this site. I would like some good solo battles from beginner level to a great advanced battle to which i can really cut my claws on (a balanced one where victory is equal chance). I'd really like an advanced battle, the fastest way past being a conscript commander is to face down some Crack objectives.

I don't suppose it needs to be Stalingrad, any good streetfight will do. I'm not ready for any human opponents on anything like this.

If there are any good scenarios on the disk, post them. I've looked but there are so many the few i've tried aren't what i thought they were. I've played the zoo one.

P.S. I don't know what directory to put the file in if i have to download one.

Check out the Stalingrad pack found over at the Boots and Tracks site. There's also The Scenario Depot 2 and The Proving Grounds.

Also, check out Carl Stumpf's random reinforcements scenarios found here. Since your into city fighting right now, check out his city confusion and night city madness battles.

That should hold you over for quite some time, cya next year. ;)

Originally posted by realest:

P.S. I don't know what directory to put the file in if i have to download one.

Just put it into the scenario folder within your CMBB folder. Default location for windows, C:\Program Files\CMBB\Scenarios

Btw, played a good stalingrad battle with a friend a few months back. Not sure how it will play against the AI though. In case you want to try it out, it's called "Stalingrad Station 1-i".

But really, you're using up good scenarios vs the AI. If you really want a good fight, PBEMing the scenario blind is the only way to go. If you have problems finding reliable opponents try one of the internet sites of wargame clubs. Trust me, once you start playing people its tough finding satisfaction with AI fights.