OK Were Did It Go?

Just D/L CMMOS core file 4.03 in a folder on

desktop Ran the installer and it unpacked some

files but I can't find program?

Ready to D/L some Rule files but were is Program?

I had this program installed and set up in past

but had to reformate my Drive C a few months ago

I have CMBB set up a works fine. a bunce of mod's

installed but I remmber CMMOS was the way to go smile.gif To set up mods

Thank's for any info

Lane

smile.gif

Philippe,

No it's not there? You don't have to unzip the

core file 4.03 in the CMBB folder do you?

I clicked on installer in my desk top folder?

It said something about having the 4.02 core

file to start with I don't see a D/L for it?

I had all this installed at one time ago.

I d/L some CMMOS readme files see If I can fine

something?

Thank's for any more info or help

Lane

Didn't notice the bit about the desktop.

The thing to remember about CMMOS is that it is extremely allergic to anything customized or unexpected happening.

It ends up in C\Program Files\Gem Software Productions.

It expects to find CMBO and CMBB at the default locations (i.e. do not put them in a folder called Games or CMMOS won't work).

I'm not sure I remember exactly how the download process works, but I would avoid the desktop.

I also can't remember if the program makes a shortcut or if you have to do it manually.

Are you quite sure you don't have a folder somewhere called GEM Software Productions ? Did you do a search of your hard drive ?

I'm also afraid I didn't understand your post.

You went to CMHQ and downloaded CMMOS 4.03, no ? From the wording of your post it almost sounds like you somehow managed to download a portion of it from somewhere.

I would download CMMOS into your C: drive -- that will make it easy to find because you will probably see an executable/self-installing program with a red and white icon, probably as the last file in your C: drive. Click on it, and let it go to default (C:\Program Files\GEM Software etc.

If it doesn't put an icon on your desktop, go into the CMMOS folder, make a shortcut from the .exe file (the one with the red and white icon), and drag the shortcut to your desktop.

Gordon made the program fairly automatic, so I think if you're having problems its because you should probably avoid desktop.

Another thing that might have happened is that the download got put in a temp folder when you weren't looking. There are several of them stashed away on people's computers. The most insidious is the one set up by your ISP -- it's impossible to find and often turns out to be something of a black hole for downloads.

Ok, now I think I know what you're talking about.

The CMMOS 4.03 from the CMHQ site is what you want.

Ignore the text about 4.02. I think it was just something they never got around to updating.

Don't download to your desktop. Download to either the root directory or C:\, or to some temporary holding file that you make yourself first -- but be sure it has a weird name like aaaaadownload file so that it will be easy to fine in the C:\ directory. Download into that, then go there and extract.

If you have CMBO someplace other than C:\Program Files you should re-install. If you have any mods, copy your bmp and wav folders to a safe place, do the new install, and then copy paste the copies of your old bmp and wav folders to the new install. That will preserve any stand-alone mods you had in place. If you don't have any you don't have to copy them.

[ November 17, 2004, 11:45 AM: Message edited by: Philippe ]

Philippe,

I will download it again, to a temp Folder in

C:\ Drive and see what happens when I run the

installer The installer did not ask for a path?

Just saw it unpacking some files it was so fast

I could not tell were it when.

Will try it again later this afternoon.

Thank's

Lane