Questios about CMBB operations.

Gentlemen,

I am thinking about making some CMBB operations.

I would like to do static operations, since they allow grater map and quite a long time frame if you add up the battles. The ammo reloading feature between battles comes also handy. It looks to be a good way of simulating a one day long operation.

I do have problems though:

1. How can I influence the space of the setup zones? The ideal situation would be that the players would use them only in the first battle, and NEVER redeploy their troops between other battles. What I see is a very random way of handling the setup zones.

2. How can I set the place where reinforcements will arrive? Ideally I would only allow them to enter at the map edge this way they can enter the theatre of operations.

Is there any solution for these problems?

What other solutions would you suggest?

Thank you in advance,

Artur.

Don't make a long scenario. People won't play a scenario much longer than 50 or 60 turns.

You can't control the reinforcements, but you could make a special 'rule' in the briefings that players are not to reposition their units between battles or something.

Or just live with the operation structure, and allow people to move the units around. It's not that big a deal, for the most part.

Originally posted by Runyan99:

How did that turn out, by the way?

Allied surrender after turn 80 or so.

I did a wide right hook, entered the woods on the southernmost point and sent a reinforced company in. I turned the flank and consecutively moved my line into the woods once the edge in front of them was cleared. Heavy battles around the center flag, but the Soviet conscripts usually broke quickly. If not - 2 FT teams were there to burn them. Any fleeing forces were purchased till they were eliminated.

After annihilating about 2 companies (incl. CO HQ and Btn HQ) plus half an MG Co and various guns the game was over. My own losses were a plt and a gun to a StuKa and less than a plt to enemy fire. Seems the Luftwaffe did considerable damage to Andreas' forces, too: A full rifle plt and some guns, maybe a few extra riflemen.

The scen heavily favors the Germans as the conscripts can not mount effective counters.

Last few PBEM files via email.

Gruß

Joachim

Absolutely correct.

It is probably boring to the defender in the first 20+ turns if the attacker advances slowly as I did as the defender can't do much. A good example for an inf only attack across lots of open ground. From the textbook. Btn sized forces on both sides.

If JasonC's small scens tell you how to advance with inf across open ground, this is the bigger picture that teaches you how to avoid doing that or how to concentrate forces where you actually do it.

My attack across open ground featured a whole company spread out with alternating point plts depending on terrain, support wpns in the rear moving up, halfsquads as scouts ahead... the whole stuff.

Gruß

Joachim