ANTI-CENSORSHIP-LOADER V3 available!

I just uploaded the latest version of the AntiCensorshipLoader at www.cmmods.com , but only for CDV's german version - therefore it is called AntiZensurLader.

The new version of the patch still includes the replacement of "WG" with "SS" in the game's menues, but also has some new features:

"Panzer Recon" Infantry units are now called historically correct Kradschützen or Panzeraufklärer (year dependent).

The misspelling of "schwerer Maschinengewehr -> "schweres Maschinengewehr" is corrected.

Some weapon abbreviations are corrected:

HMG -> sMG (schweres MG)

LMG -> lMG (leichtes MG)

sMG -> MPi (Maschinenpistole)

Best regards,

Schoerner

[ March 31, 2003, 12:08 PM: Message edited by: Schoerner ]

Really nice!

Could you please tell me if the "Antizensurlader Version 3" affects the mispellings in the briefings or does it also affect the mispellings ingame?

I tried "Eberswalde Last Stand" and had a look at the unit information of a SS-unit...it's still WG....

(...also die SS-Einheiten sind dank deinem Uffz. Patch auch als solche zu erkennen, UST, usw...aber wenn ich ENTER drücke, und mir die Einheit "genauer" anschaue, dann steht da immer noch 'Deutsch-WG-Infanterie'...kann man da was zu machen? bin ich zu deppert? :confused: )

With friendly greetings, Trommelfeuer

Hi Trommelfeuer,

sorry, but the scenario-briefings are not part of the executable and therefore are not affected by the AZL.

The strange briefing-misspellings could be easily changed via the scenario-editor, i guess.

The AZL corrects the "hardcoded" and encrypted data.

For the unencrypted string-data in the executable, i made the Ufz-patch. It corrects i.e. the strange german rank-abbreviations and a lot of unmilitary words, but can't eliminate the WG-units.

Therefore the changes made by the AZL couldn't be implemented in the Ufz-patch, due to encryption of the executable and the AZL became necessary.

The situation you describe is really strange. Yes, you're correct, in the unit-details, the WG should be gone.

Did you try the AZL Version2, too?

V2 comes with a slow version, too, that fits for very rare memory configurations (mostly Win NT).

The V3 is (at the moment?) only available as Blitz-version.

If i'll find more time, i'd maybe make a new version with a user-interface, to allow adjusting of the important parameters.

Did you also take into account, that with the standard settings, the AZL waits ~90 seconds before it begins to patch the process?

Maybe you looked on the unit-window, before the AZL was finished?

I hope this helps and answers your questions.

Beste Grüße,

Schörner

[ April 01, 2003, 04:43 AM: Message edited by: Schoerner ]

Yes, I waited several minutes after starting the AZL(meanwhile I was at the market)I think I've got to check that again, thank you very much for your fast reply to my question! :)

Edit: hmm...the AZL starts, MS-Dos window disappears after the correct time, but I still got that WG-stuff... :( I think my PC doesn't like me...

Perhaps I've got the wrong CMBB-version?

I've got the "ergänzte CDV-1.02 deutsch" version...(but I used the multlingual 1.02 patch, 'cause the CDV-1.02 patch doesn't work..)

MFG, Trommelfeuer

[ April 01, 2003, 05:19 AM: Message edited by: Trommelfeuer ]

Originally posted by Trommelfeuer:

[QB] Yes, I waited several minutes after starting the AZL

?? The AZL starts CM automatically.

Edit: hmm...the AZL starts,

does CM become started?

MS-Dos window disappears after the correct time, but I still got that WG-stuff... :( I think my PC doesn't like me...

Perhaps I've got the wrong CMBB-version?

I've got the "ergänzte CDV-1.02 deutsch" version...(but I used the multlingual 1.02 patch, 'cause the CDV-1.02 patch doesn't work..)

No, the patches have no influence on AZL's functionality.

Try the different AZL V2 versions, if nothing helps.

[ April 01, 2003, 05:33 AM: Message edited by: Schoerner ]

Sorry, my written english is very bad...

I meant, I started the AZL, CMBB starts too, I skip the CDV intro, then I went to the market...when I came back the AZL was finished but the WG soldiers were still there.

Next step was trying it again for three times, "watching" the process, but unfortunately without success.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your work for the CMBB community, at least I have the authentic "Dienstgrade" for SS-soldiers. :)

I will try all AZL versions, perhaps I'm lucky and it works...

MFG, Trommelfeuer