Minefields of the Eastern Front WIP

A preview of part of the current work in progress.

weatherbeatenapandat9xo.jpg

Anti-personnel on the left, anti-tank on the right. More to come next week.

I think I have text for Italian and Finnish minefield markers, but I don't know what they're supposed to look like.

I don't even have text for Polish, Romanian, and Hungarian Minefield markers, though I suspect that the Romanian text will be similar to the Italian.

Any assistance with this on-going project will be appreciated.

Originally posted by junk2drive:

I am using your wooden English version for all my CMAKs.

Don't forget that Gordon Molek did a really good set of Commonwealth minefield markers in bright and subdued textures for the British and Canadians. They come in generic as well as engineering-unit specific versions for the UK Guards Armoured Division, 11th Armoured Division, 4th Armoured Brigade, and Canadian South Alberta Regiment and 1st Hussars. These can all be found in the CMBO CMMOS section of CMHQ (turn off your firewall before trying to download, but I know you know that).

The Commonwealth style of marker is very distinctive, and completely different in feel from my American and French markers. Let's hope Gordon comes out of retirement at some point to do the other Commonwealth armies in CMAK (don't look at me, I don't have CMAK yet and ETA is next Christmas given the rate I'm going on CMBB).

I've posted the finished versions of the German minefield markers at CMMODS, including these clean ones, for those that don't like the weatherbeaten look:

deepred1hu.jpg

I'd like to thank Andrew Fox for graciously agreeing to let me re-use his red-white-and-red signs on lumber derived from Ed Kinney's Wooden pillbox. And an extra special thanks to Eichenbaum for his comments, encouragement, and all those wonderful fraktur fonts.

There are two different fraktur scripts as well as one roman script. The mod distinguishes between anti-tank and anti-personnel by using different fonts rather than different text.

The mod was inspired by the Markus Hofbauer/Gordon Molek CMBO German minefield markers in CMMOS, and by Elisa Decker's series of photographs of wall paint flaking off of women's thighs.