Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Discrepancies in casualty figures

As I understand it, the casualty figures are now supposed to accurately reflect the number of men, etc., a unit actually killed in a scenario.

However, it seems that the computer not only tallies the number of men killed DURING the scenario, but also includes the number of men killed PRIOR to the scenario (in cases where the unit starts at lower strength).

For example, in Yelnia Stare, the Russians were given credit for 184 kills. However, when I went back and cycled through the Russian units, I could only account for 124 kills. The only place the additional kills could have come from was the pre-game losses inflicted on my men.

Comments, BFC?

Steve

[ September 01, 2002, 08:20 PM: Message edited by: MrSpkr ]

• 10 months later...

On a related topic, when you have units exit the board, what does that do to victory levels? ie, I have an 81mm mortar that is out of ammo. I instruct it to fall back to the rear (off board) does it hurt me in the victory calculations? Is there any way to look at it at the end of the game to find out how many men it killed?

Guest PondScum
Originally posted by NG cavscout:

<font size=-1>On a related topic, when you have units exit the board, what does that do to victory levels? ie, I have an 81mm mortar that is out of ammo. I instruct it to fall back to the rear (off board) does it hurt me in the victory calculations? Is there any way to look at it at the end of the game to find out how many men it killed?</font>

It won't hurt you in the end-of-game victory calculations - the mortar and its crew will be counted as "OK". However, it will hurt you during the game in terms of your global morale, because as soon as the mortar leaves the map it is treated as being "dead" in terms of the morale effect on your other troops (i.e. you'll take a hit of a percent or two). This makes your other troops a little less keen to fight, and takes your force a little closer to an auto-surrender. And no, you can't check its kill stats once it leaves the map.

If you really want to micro-manage, one solution is to retreat the mortar to the edge of the map and hide it there. Then if it is ever at risk of being found or overrun, you can order an immediate withdrawal off-map.