Is CM to die like close combat??

Jaws,

The message I posted earlier (if it was read right) simply means how can anyone compare two games together that are based on two differnt game engines and wonder if one of the games "will die" because of the graphics of the other. There are people who like one type of game play, and people who like a differnt type, (you know some like the first person shooters, some don't} I think CM will be around for a long time to come if the folks at Battlefront keep up what they are doing, a great job in customer service. They care about the people playing the game and listen to what they have to say, name me one other game (of this type, not some game like G.I. crapbat} where the game designers are involved with the people who play the game like battlefront folks are,just read the forum and you'll see what I mean. So ask yourself "Jaws" what do you think, will it die??

I might be tempted to get Flashpoint on my son's Xbox...

Get the PC version if your system can handle it. Why? One word: MODs. From WWII to prestent chances are you can find and download it. Nto to mention all the missions out there.

OFP is a sort of special case. On one hand you have hit points for tanks, wounds can be healed instantly, ect. On the other, real world tactics have their place (read:are a must) and usually make for the best missions. And it has the one thing I wish CM had. Scripting.

In OFP I can make AI controled infanty and Tanks work together rather well with the heavy use of waypoints and triggers. In CM the AI assaults look like a large traffic jam. Then again CM, like Chess, is best played against another human.

Thanks for that. I wondered about OFP on Xbox. Big screen and comfortable lounge chair is one advantage but I did think about it. I also like the idea that I can get the GOTY edition of OFP for considerably less than i'd be able to get the Xbox version. I just don't like to clutter my PC with TOO many games. Also, I'm again not sure if OFP might be a bit too much like MOH. Much as I like MOH I could never play a first/thrid person shooter on PC.

I wonder also if there's anything going to be missing from the Xbox version? A PC does have a LOT more keys to programme things.

Apache,

Get OFP for the PC.

My son is 11 and has no problem with it. As we have the PC's networked I still occasionally play on it in a co-op.

There are some excellent mods out there ... and IIR some by our very own Gunslinger. Plus LOTS of downloadable missions.

Now my kid wants to get into CM .... NO its mine, you cant use it. Im not sharing my toys ! :mad:

Though at least I'll have a regular opponent I can beat :D

Could he be the youngest CM'er ?

Originally posted by tracer:

Jaws,

The message I posted earlier (if it was read right) simply means how can anyone compare two games together that are based on two differnt game engines and wonder if one of the games "will die" because of the graphics of the other. There are people who like one type of game play, and people who like a differnt type, (you know some like the first person shooters, some don't} I think CM will be around for a long time to come if the folks at Battlefront keep up what they are doing, a great job in customer service. They care about the people playing the game and listen to what they have to say, name me one other game (of this type, not some game like G.I. crapbat} where the game designers are involved with the people who play the game like battlefront folks are,just read the forum and you'll see what I mean. So ask yourself "Jaws" what do you think, will it die??

Let's put it this way... I play also IL-2 and forgotten battles and can tell you those guys from 1C (Oleg maddox) are just as dedicated as the guys from Battlefront. No problem of course because they handle a flightsim. But now they focus on the same kind of game as CM maybe thinks could change.

This post was intended to see the reactions from CM players and it is nice to see how everybody thinks about this issue. Maybe a side effect is that the CMX2 developers are extra motivated (probably they are motivated enough already ;) ) to bring out a product with some of the futures Battlefield command has like for example the campaign modus.

Since I already wrote in a reaction how addicted I’m to CM it may be clear that whatever product hits the market I will stick to battlefront. As long as people like Madmatt and Moon are around CM has nothing to fear.

smile.gif

[ April 11, 2003, 10:16 AM: Message edited by: Jaws ]