My order shipped!

Yay, all cross your fingers that it gets to me before next weekend smile.gif

Anyways, you guys were right, the missions in the first games demo were much more fun. I now believe you that the BB demo are just to show off the changes in the two tongue.gif

In the siegfried line one, on the first games demo, I beat the americans while defending as the germans. It was an epic battle, I had lots of fun especially cause I won it!. That was my first experience on how DESTRUCTIVE artillery barrages can be! The enemies never managed to take the town, which is a relief, cause that was basically my last stand. My savior in that was the panther reinforcements. The infantry reinforcements were well... blown to bits shortly after they arrived by a second heavy artillery barrage :eek:

The other mission, I played as the americans, did a quite successful rush on the enemy, and ended up winning. That battle tought me well on how to mount and disembark troops right when I want them to, to use cover and showed me the real gritty close melee fights, which were a total slaughter in the trees.

Anyways, enough of my rambling, i'm just excited, cause my Barbarosa to Berlin order shipped, and if its much better than the first games demo, i'm gonna be very happy smile.gif

[ July 15, 2003, 11:33 AM: Message edited by: Raziaar ]

Dont be like me!!!

I ordered my shipment.. and it didnt show and it didnt show.. and it still didnt show....

Then I noticed a small package underneath some car parts and odds and ends on the porch.

Who knows how many days the CMBB sat underneath my mailbox hidden under crap I unknowningly threw over the top of it.

Heh, well, mine isn't messy smile.gif

Anyways. Wow, played the 'Chance encounter' mission of the first games demo, and had a VERY interesting action round of one of my turns.

In this SINGLE turn, there was four knockouts with a FIFTH soon to happen, if the timer didn't end.

Start of Turn: http://www.angelfire.com/wv2/raziaar/Start_of_Turn.jpg

The round first started, and my panzershreck squad in the bottom of the church fired out its round, hitting the tank directly across the way with one shot knocking it out.

First Knockout: http://www.angelfire.com/wv2/raziaar/1stknockout.jpg

The turn continued to roll on by, and my panzershreck team I had on the second floor which was directly above the first one, decided to make a bold move, AGAINST my commands(I had him hidden, guess he got up when the first one attacked), shooting his round far across to the fields scoring a DIRECT hit which knocked out the sherman there, which I thought was excellent!

Second Knockout: http://www.angelfire.com/wv2/raziaar/2ndknockout.jpg

A little over fifteen seconds from the second knockout, my hidden stug, spotted the sherman next to the one he previously took out, and the sherman saw the stug too. The stug fired, then shortly after before the shell hit, the sherman fired. The stug's shell exploded the sherman in fiery glory.

Third Knockout: http://www.angelfire.com/wv2/raziaar/3rdknockout.jpg

The round that the sherman fired just before being exploded by the stug, managed to strike the stug, putting it out of commission. It's like Hollywood, aint it!

Fourth Knockout: http://www.angelfire.com/wv2/raziaar/4thknockout.jpg

Now, near the end of the turn, the last remaining allied sherman locked on to my other hidden stug, and my stug did the same. My stug managed to fire two shots, but both missed by a long shot. That's when the turn ended, so had there been just a couple more seconds, i'm sure this would have been the fifth(or sixth if it was anything like the previous two knockouts! tongue.gif )

End of Turn: http://www.angelfire.com/wv2/raziaar/End_of_Turn.jpg

Again, this all happened in a single action phase of a turn, and I thought it was pretty cool. Things went majorly in my favor this turn.

There we go! I got my package. I was shocked at first, I opened it up and it was just a book. My heart sunk, I thought for some reason they sent me the strategy guide. Opened it up though and there was the game, in a paper case tucked between the book <chuckles>

Not used to recieving games in such a fashion. <grins>

Glad to hear it. Oh yes that BFC does like to mess with your mind. I remember almost crying when I opened the package and only found the manual but then I was even happier when I discovered that it was in the book. Someone up there has a sick sense of humor if you ask me. :D Anyway, you'll be busy for a while I bet? Personally I am downloading everything I can get my hands on trying to get the game looking like I want it and at the same time reading and playing a few games just to familiarize myself with all the cool and new units. It's a little bit of heaven. Did I say little? ;)

About the package looking like just a book. It obviously saves the publisher some money on the packaging (e.g., the outer box, jewel box etc.) but in my case it saved me some money too!

Apparently the people in the customs office thought it was a book as well and so they did not charge me any duty when I had it shipped to me up here in Canada. Gotta like that.

I remember when I got CMBO for my birthday last year, I didn't see any 'right size' boxes. I was very sad when I noticed this. I opened all my presents, except one, and though that I didn't get it. Then, I open the last, book sized one and was surprised.

Ack! Where do I begin!? <chuckles> Well, I played one tiny QB game, now i'm just overwhelmed where I want to be now. maybe i'll spend a day reading the manual and trying to absorb alot of the information I don't yet know.

Think... think! <gruts>