Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Thoughts On Command Features for CM2

Hi everybody,

Not sure if this has been suggested by somebody before - I have never seen it discussed...

Whenever I play CMBB or CMAK I tend to use the "Advance to Contact" command for armoured vehicles a lot to make sure they wind up in hull-down positions when they first encounter an enemy unit. I have always wished that the "Shoot n' Scoot" command had an alternative "Advance to Contact, Shoot then Scoot" variant. It is annoying to have to manually pick the shooting point, particularly for a group of tanks - and I find I often get it wrong and either lose the tank or waste a turn where the tank does not fire.

Similarly, it would be cool if there were an "Advance to Contact, then Scoot" command for vehicles. You could send a fast armoured car towards enemy positions knowing that it would immediately reverse out of danger upon encountering enemy resistance, which would make reconnaissance a lot less dangerous...

What do you all think of these suggestions?

Cheers,

Loaf

Thaks for the info... An SOP feature would definately be interesting.

Here's a question: I have searched the forums but I have not seen anything that looks like offical information about CM2. All I see is people like me making proposals...

Has Battlefront ever released any information regarding their intentions for the new game?

Loaf