Red Twins

So far my two favorite splash screens for CMBB are Red Victory and the Tarkus tank. The red flag flying over the black and white ruins of the Reichstag is classier than anything I will ever come up with. And the color photograph of that german tank is an eloquent symbol for campaigning on the Eastern Front.

But I really miss Tank Girl from CMBO. [That's not really true -- I see her every time I fire up Combat Mission, because I haven't really started playing CMBB yet].

I don't intend to sit down and make a complete interface because I have too many other things on my plate right now. But at least I can make a splash screen that should go nicely with the two propaganda poster intro screens I posted a while back. And if someone wants to adapt these to a new or existing interface, please go right ahead.

So without further ado, coming to a People's Collective near you, the Red Twins:

redtwins5qh.jpg

This splash screen was inspired by several 18th century Rococo murals. I actually considered including a couple of putti with appropriate hats and armbands, but it was too over-the-top, even for me. If you're ever in New York, take a look at the 18th century Venetian bedroom at the Met and you'll understand where this is coming from.

For those with good taste (if you can call appreciating pretentious panorama painting good taste) or the faint of heart, I've whipped up a version without nipples.

stalingrad4ej.jpg

These are big files, but if there's any interest I'll start the uploads.