a small improvement

ive been playing CM like mad the last couple of days and i thought of a small improvment which could be added mybe in the next game.

A better debriefing, as well as seeing the stats something to tell you how good your role as helped the war effort lol.

example iof u take one victory flag u get a debriefing which saz somthing like good progrees.

u take them all sumthing like we have jerry on there knees in this area. you take none, you get bitched.

Wot you think?

And what about gold stars and the odd biscuit, eh?

The odd biscuits are my favourites.

In the game, just as in Real Life, all credit and praise for your victories accrue to people further up the chain of command than yourself.

Consider yourself lucky to be allowed to play on the same team.

The only option that I would like to see after the battle is for a replay option smile.gif But that is a VERY old request by a lot of us.

As to anything further than that, I doubt it will be included. This game is not meant to bring warm fuzzy feelings for taking flags in 5 turns or less to unlock the M1 Abrams in 1941 for 90 points!

Chad

lol @ the lot of u

the reason i thought about this was coz of this. One mission i played, the brief talked about the need to take the area was to encircle jerry.

Now two roads with the victory flags on them led off map, so i sumise these are the roads jerry had to keep open to escape. rite.

i only took one so i mean sumthing at the end banging on about how a half a divsion sliped out coz i didnt close the door. etc tongue.gif

I think whenever someone captures a flag you should hear a little trumpet fanfare -- Ta-da-ta-daaaaaa!

One tiny problem with your suggestion: Say you win a battle as Germans in 1945. Does the debrief say "Your valiant effort has only prolonged the war another day. Already Guards armored Divisions are rolling past you to Berlin!" Sometimes you've got admit even your best efforts will make no difference to the final outcome. Bummer, dude.

:(;)

In the game, just as in Real Life, all credit and praise for your victories accrue to people further up the chain of command than yourself.

What are you talking about. After each assault I launch, command always sends me a truck load of medals. The things is though, they all look alike. "Purple Hearts" they call em. :D

Okay, all joking aside. One of the this I used to love about the Old Flight Sim "Janes: Advanced Tactical Fighters" was the rather large two page debreifing that followed each mission. The worse you did, the more advice you got. I really hated in the sequal that the debreifings were reduced to single line assessments.

Your valiant effort has only prolonged the war another day so more of your comrades can make it to the american lines

that ending may be better.

u got the idea i was on about, but yes it would have to be fought about thoughly for jerry in the later war years

so some squad captures a small lil village without being orderd to

and a dude with a hell load of medals bursts into the war room monty is and saz heres a medal for daring capture of that lil village.

[ June 30, 2003, 04:01 PM: Message edited by: Jack Ryan ]

I had forgot about the long briefings/debriefings/medals in those old flight sims (I'm remembering Red Baron). I'm all nostalgic now.

That would be appropriate if CM were to switch over to campaign mode, let you climb the ranks and such. But unless they've got plans for the new game engine that I haven't heard about I don't think you'd be seeing a progressive campaign mod out of 'em. I guess they reason it'd take a bit more than one or two successful probes to move you from Corporal to Captain in the Russian and Nazi army. Maybe they'll force you to attend a couple weeks of political indoctrination first!

[ June 30, 2003, 04:21 PM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]

Maybe if CM ever adopts an official campaign aspect, we can see dbriefings like Jack wants.

Me, I'd be happy with medals awarded to units that performed remarkably. Maybe a nice screenshot of the unit, either in action or at game end, with some stats. I keep meaning to save such screenshots manually but once a game is done it's a PITA to go back and find the right PBEM file, etc....will be easier with full-game replay but game-generated "medals" would be fun.

I used to play F/A-18 Hornet, a flight sim. In that game, if you were successful you could go from ensign (equivalent to second lieutenant in the army) to captain (colonel) all in one brief campaign. After playing, my ego used to swell up to where I would yank old ladies out of their seats on the bus and kick them out of the way where they fell on the floor. Is that what you mean?

;)

Michael

[ June 30, 2003, 11:22 PM: Message edited by: Michael emrys ]