Renewed respect for the AI

Just thought I's share.

I took some time off modding (gasp!) to finally play a decent QB last night. Axis combined arms (including a Brumbar) versus AI Soviet defender in generic large town. For once the AI used his artillery VERY efficiently and effectively against the right wing of my encircling forces (AI and artillery usually don't go well together). Then he had his troops rather cleverly placed to chew-up my left wing as I advanced. While I did make it to where I was going he manage to isolate my force and hurt me bad. I finally was compelled to withdraw the remnants of my force under fire before it was wiped out completely.

That was a VERY un-AI-like game. Being fairly beaten can be more fun than winning sometimes!

You might try the HSG hero series a try.

Congressional Medal of Honor (CMH)

Hero of the Soviet Union (HSU)

Knight's Cross (KC)

Victoria Cross (VC)

They are designed to be to beat the AI. Of course you have to give the computer a computer experience bonus (CEB) but what the heck. Nobody's perfect. Least of all the AI.

Should be plenty of guys around that can tell you if the AI will fight in these or not.