OSF Website updated

Hmmm...it's very silent in here...maybe we should show some more goodies, eh ? ;)

In Operation Störfang you'll have the chance to engage in deadly combat in realistic landscape.

Here's another example, the town "Tankovoe" and surrounding terrain.

Tankovoe01.jpg

Tankovoe02.jpg

Tankovoe03.jpg

Tankovoe04.jpg

Just beautiful, isn't it ? smile.gif

The Eichenbaum.org team is working as fast as possible on the project, and we are all looking forward to the release. ( ...but careful testing and tweaking + takes some time... )

Regards, Sven

[ March 26, 2004, 11:01 AM: Message edited by: Trommelfeuer ]

Heeyy ... positive response smile.gif

That's what keeps us going...

The knowledge that you're waiting for this.

Is that water also a new mod?

I really like it.

If its not a mod for Störfang itself? whose is it? (and where to get?)

It's an OSF mod. After the rocks & stones had been made we needed to change the water tiles to. Once you're bringing in diferent color palettes you'll find you self modding the whole terrain.

OSF_Water.jpg

All mods you see here in these pictures are Eichenbaum's. They'll come with the campaign. I understand that you would like to have them now but patience is a virtue.

Light_Building04.jpg

Light_Building02.jpg

snif, snif, snif; cant we folks get that terrain beforehand? this wait is so harsh;)
No sorry, only Eichenbaum.org team members are able to play with these before the release of OSF.

We're testing every minute of battle and every 20 square meters on these 2 x 2 km maps. Single- and multiplay. Especially the MP scenarios need so much time; 1 or 2 turns a day with 60x turn- scenarios.

Also the grapics need a lot work. It's easier to create hi-res mods and make them look good then stay in the original resolution. 90% of the OSF mods are low-res but you can't see much difference from hi-res versions. We're also using special compression techniques to reduce the file size of the bmp's to 30%. And still you can't see the difference smile.gif All this makes it possible to play OSF even with older PC's.

Greetings,

Nils

[ March 27, 2004, 10:59 AM: Message edited by: eichenbaum ]

ill be patient then;)

The house is also pretty well done. This look it has makes it seem more firm like a real house, i like it.

Im really not that fond of all the hi-res terrain mods, they only look like they should at a real nearby view, the further away u go the more they turn into a whitish-reflecting-wobble-land (some, due to all the many details they mostly have)

Like u do it, with littler details and more to its surroundings adjusted overall look is way better.

Im really looking forward to all this.

[ March 27, 2004, 11:36 AM: Message edited by: theike ]

hi Eichenbaum, while looking over your site I noticed maps 1-3 where avail for version 1. so i grabbed opperation A-1. and loved it , only done 1st battle, and posted an AAR for it on ya site.

thanks again or the effort.

I assume the download next op from codes is all over and done with, and buying the CD is the new plan?

I have a feeling after playing these 3 ops, i'll be waiting to buy the disk in great anticipation.

I assume the download next op from codes is all over and done with, and buying the CD is the new plan?
A downloadable version of OSF is on it's way. We're working on this with everything we've got.

Not all the work can be put on the the internet because of their file size. Data transfer costs money; something we do not have to give away. That's why we're planning to bring out a CD-ROM.

However we're not 100% certain yet because of the rights of CMBB and some other unresolved issues.

So... you can download & play OSF from our website soon.

Nils

By myself: 90% of the OSF mods are low-res but you can't see much difference from hi-res versions.
Of coarse you can always see the difference between hi-res and low-res, but this remark is made in the context of how you play OSF: On huge maps (2x2 km).

If you place the camera in the closest positions possible you can't get a good grip on what's going on on the battlefield. So most of the time you'll place the cam in the 2nd or 3rd position (Bird-view).

All of the OSF textures are optimized for those last 2 positions except for Trenches, Barbed wire, Walls ect...

Nils

[ April 03, 2004, 10:27 AM: Message edited by: eichenbaum ]