Hey, When Did This Start Happening?

Messing around with a late-war Soviet offensive kind of thing, when I noticed something odd: Some German air support was lining up on the attacking enemy armor, but the tracers were going the wrong way!

snap024.jpg

This is the first time I've noticed that tanks with AA MG's (flexible mounts) actually use them for AA. Was this happening before v1.03? And does other armor besides the ISU's do this?

original grass, but in the RealColors mod...(im guessing, because it looks just like mine.)

Also im guessing u dont know the RealColors_4_CMBB mod?

It was made just after cmbb came out, and was of a meir 247 mb.... smile.gif yes

Because it changed all bmp files with the same less-colorised look.

It made the whole game look less cartoonishly colored and gave it more of a admosferic depth.

I still use it. Wouldnt want to do without.

As where to download it from these days; i dont know.

[ August 26, 2003, 08:59 AM: Message edited by: theike ]

Originally posted by von Lucke:

Messing around with a late-war Soviet offensive kind of thing, when I noticed something odd: Some German air support was lining up on the attacking enemy armor, but the tracers were going the wrong way!

If I understand you correctly, I think you may be experiencing an aliasing effect. When something is travelling fast relative to the frame rate, you can get this. Example:

Fast framerate:

</font><blockquote>code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;">Frame1: "- - - - "

Frame2: " - - - - "

Frame3: " - - - - "

Frame4: " - - - - "

Frame5: " - - - -"

Frame6: "- - - - "</pre>

I don't think we have need of travelling hyphens.

</font>

• At the time this shot was taken, another tank was selected which was the one targeted by the plane, as indicated by the yellow line</font>
  • You can clearly see 2 distinct lines of tracers either coming from or going to the two tanks in the shot. I don't think an airplane's cannon and MGs have this kind of flexibility</font>

Therefore it is quite clearly the tanks firing at the plane and not vice versa.

Something which I hadn't seen before either. Most scenario designers don't bother with German CAS by the time these things appear.

It was only last week that I noticed for the first time double rows of little grey 'bullets' coming down from straffing aircraft (really cool). They were indeed bullets and not tracers. Looks like you've got outgoing fire from a pair of late-war ISUs with flexible heavy mg on the roof for AA use. Used the same way as the .50 cal. Browning on U.S. tanks. On rare occassion these things even manage to actually shoot something down!