A request for the locked tank commander view

I've seen that this has been posted before, but never was there any answer. So, everyone grab your tin cup and start banging it against the bars.

I think that it would be absolutely cool to have a locked view that is the tank commander's view.

Riding behind is ok, but there really needs to be a locked tank commander's view. I think that it should be in addition to the views already established and not necessarily replace any.

How about a view level "0", where you are not looking over the unit's shoulder, but the camera shows exactly what the unit "sees?" The unit itself might become invisible to avoid weird graphic effects. For buttoned tanks, there could be a "window" effect simulating periscopes and viewports...

Hi!

Did you know that if you select the tank and lock the view, you can then ZOOM in and ZOOM out. I do this all the time. I think they are the [ ] keys.

This results in a view that the Tank Commander would realistcally have. You can also adjust the camera up and down. alt-A and alt-Z

I love to watch the rounds go out and hit the enemy tanks, scooting through the trees at 800m away!

WOOT!

Gpig,

Yes, I was aware of the camera adjusting that can be done. It won't let you pan around as you move with the view locked after you zoom in and it really isn't a tank commander's view. Another problem is having to do all of that every time that one wants to have this cool perspective.

My idea is a locked view that follows the unit along as it goes just like the other settings.

Select the unit and hit a hit is all that should be necessary.

Rick