CMBB PBEM?

I am trying to start a game of CMBB via PBEM with one of my mates.

I have saved the game and sent the file to him. He can load and save the file I sent him in his CMBB PBEM folder.

However, he can not view this folder though windows?

Its not showing any PBEM folder in the CMBB folder??

Therefore he can not attach the file to an email to send back to me.

Could this be a vista problem?

Does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks

I'm not sure what your problem is but it seems like you're doing something wrong .

When you play by PBEM , you don't need to save the game prior to sending it , you just need to give your orders , click GO and then name the file ( BrycievsMyfriend 01 for instance ) , , you send the file to your friend , he loads it , choses his own password , gives his orders ( purchase , setup or orders ) click GO , names the file ( BrycievsMyfriend02 ) and so on .

Actually if you sent a saved game , you sent your own game ( he had to have your password to open it though ) . Maybe that's why you wrote that other message about PBEM security.

Your file won't show in his PBEM folder since it is not the same type of file .

My apologies if that's not what you meant !

[ May 05, 2008, 08:59 PM: Message edited by: SebastienL ]

I'm thinking that as SebastienL has inferred, you have not actually begun a pbem game, but have sent a save game file to him. In this case it would be saved in the scenarios folder, if not the saved games folder (not sure if there is one of those). Tell him to look there for the game.

But if what you want is to play AGAINST your friend via email, then you need to begin anew, and when you get to the point where choose one of the following: 1-player, Hotseat, TCP/IP, or Hotseat, you need to choose PBeM. The just play it out until the end. Trust me, do not save the game and send him the save file. When your "turn" is over the game will tell you to name the file and then will save it to the pbem folder. Send that to your friend.

I am guessing that you began a hotseat game and ssaved it to send to your friend. You can certainly do so, but it will be cumbersome. Besides which, the security temptation you asked about in your other thread.

Congratulations on buying the best game out and playing a fellow human - it beats the AI hands down.

There is a handy helper for PBEM play but I think you are best served learning the fundamentals as outlined by the other posters.

If it helps I am happy to post little game turns to you and/or your friend to sort things out. My addy is in the profile. But you probably have already sorted it : )

I sent him to correct PBEM text file.

I am not sure while he could not see the folder through windows, but he could load and save(hit go) the game?

He seems to have sorted it out now, but he has not explained to me what was happening as yet. He seemed to think it was a vista problem??

Thanks