QB weather

I´ve searched the forum and the CMBB manual for an answer to this one, but finally I have given up. Here it goes: In a CMBB QB, is it possible to get a map with snow on the ground and at the same time "clear" weather? It isn´t ALWAYS snowing in Russia, and I would like to surprise my opponent with a couple of Sturmoviks on one of those -45 degrees (celsius) days with blue sky and sunshine. I tried importing an edited map, but the QB preferences, to my understanding, overrides any made in the editor. Anybody? :confused:

Yes, Germany, like all of Europe, have winterdays which, apart from the temperature being below zero, could just as well be sunny summer days. The winters of 41-45 are known to have been extremely cold, also in my country Sweden, (neighbour to Finland, of course). Also every time someone tries to invade Russia, Karl XII, Napoleon, they are punished by severe cold :cool: Therefore in this game, maybe more than any, it should be possible to have deep snow, extreme cold, AND blue skyes (as a result of this the ground underneath should be frozen solid down to about 1 meter. Try digging a foxhole in northern Sweden in january, and you´ll see what I mean ;) ) The absolute coldest days use to be the ones with high preassure wheather (blue skyes and sun), whereas the low preaussure produces snowfall and milder temperature.

Now, I´ve tried various QB:s with settings "december - january, "north" and "Finland", with "extreme cold". Combined with "clear" this produces green "summer" ground. It may be winter as far as the game engine is concerned, but to me it seems like 30 plus and time to go bathing. Combined with "snow" it produces snow on the ground, but also more pouring down from the sky, which is as grey as ever. I have CDV:s version patched to 1.02, and, as I said, editing a map to suite these requests is no problem but, still I haven´t managed to import it in to a QB (or to generate one of these properties directly in the QB) since the settings of the QB overrides the ones made in the editor.

I have still to try the 1.03 beta, of course. But as people are saying it can be done whith the 1.02 I´m wondering what i´m doing wrong :confused: :mad: :confused:

As you can all understand this flaw in the program irritates me :mad: , because it seems very obvious this kind of wheather is not at all unusual. But I still love this game :D . It IS great. And in the next one, we won´t have to bother to much about snow. Except in Italy of course, where it does snow on occasion.

Heeeeey. I finally got it working!!! It´s like when your car breaks down and you take it to havi it repaired and suddenly it works like a swiss clock! I tried Finland + north + central; they all produced clear wheather (at last I can use my beloved Sturmovik) AND snow on the ground (the whitewash mod is beautiful) in december through february provided it was "frozen" or "extreme cold". By november and march the snow is gone. A bit early maybe, but hey, it works! I still can´t understand what I did wrong earlier, but who cares. Still I don´t know anything about the ground being hard or soft though.

Keep cool, guys! :D:D :cool: