Keeping both 1.02 & 1.03

If I want to have both V1.02 and V1.03, correct me if I’m wrong, all I have to do is copy the V1.02 executable to a temp directory – upgrade the V1.02 executable in the CMBB directory to V1.03 – then move the V1.02 executable back to the CMBB folder from the temp folder.

I should now have two executables I can make short cuts for and put on my desktop?

Did that make sense and will it work?

Guest PondScum
Originally posted by Ted:

If I want to have both V1.02 and V1.03, correct me if I’m wrong, all I have to do is copy the V1.02 executable to a temp directory – upgrade the V1.02 executable in the CMBB directory to V1.03 – then move the V1.02 executable back to the CMBB folder from the temp folder.

I should now have two executables I can make short cuts for and put on my desktop?

Did that make sense and will it work?

Yes, that will work. You don't even have to use a temporary folder, because the v1.03 patch installer will only touch files that it knows about. So just copy the CMBB v1.02 executable into the same folder, giving the copy a new name (say, CMBB-102.exe). Then create a shortcut to it from your desktop, and run the update, which will create a shortcut to v1.03 on your desktop.