What the HECK am I doing wrong!?

This QB generator , where you buy units , no matter WHAT configuration I try I can never get the quantity of units I purchase to appear on the map!

I just fought a QB "Axis Probe" . 3000 points. The AI playing the Axis selected it's own troops. I was playing the Soviets.

I buy a 5 tank platoon , I get 3 tanks. I bought 3 arty spotters , none appeared at the setup. I bought 6 ATG's , I get 3! Whats the poop :confused:

I have checked the effects of the "weakened units" setting several times , no effect. What do I have to do to get my units that I buy , to appear at setup VERBATIM ??

When you say that you are checking the "weakened units" setting do you mean the fitness level or the casualty level? The only reason I ask is because the word "weakened" appears under fitness and not casualties. The casualties setting is what will effect the number of units you buy actually showing up.

OH! Casualties are set to whatever "normal" is :confused:

OH wait! It was set to random! redface.gif

Still , you shouldn't really remove a spotting unit simply because of casulties for arguments sake... I mean there are only 2 guys in the unit! So if for some reason the unit had more than 50% casualties , you dont get the unit? And as far as tanks go , casualties apply to the number of tanks AS WELL as the number of crewmen :confused:

[ April 20, 2003, 12:10 AM: Message edited by: Brigadier ]

Casualties randomly selects a unit, and then either reduces its personnel (if infantry) or removes it entirely. It then deducts the point difference from your budget. Then it does it again - until the points remaining are lower than the points your side is supposed to have at the battle.

So, if you have 50% casualties, only half the units you bought, by point cost, will actually appear in the battle. Which ones, you don't know until set up. It simulates a force like the one you tried to buy, that has subsequently been picked apart by enemy action. If the FOs are removed, it means the arty took losses or ran out of ammo.

If you want to select the force, just set losses to "none" and you will get exactly what you bought.