Human Wave/Morale question.

Something interesting happened tonight.

While fooling around with a homemade scenario, I had ordered some Russian rifle squads to make a human wave attack. Watching the replay, I saw something I've never noticed before (Never used human wave moves much).

A squad which was pinned down gave off some chatter (which I couldn't understand seeing as how it was in Russian), then there was a shot, a squadmember died, and the unit immediately became unpinned and charged the German position.

After I finished guffawing, I started wondering if what I saw was a "commissar morale improvement" rule in effect, or just a random coincidence.

Can anyone enlighten me?

Misereor,

News to me, and nothing in the manual, either, at least that I could find! It did say that the Human Wave command improved the morale of the unit so ordered, but that was it. Are you sure that the shot came from within the unit and not from hostiles? Also, ran search on CMBB Forum under "commissar" and came up with nada und bupkus. BFC, what's the story here, please?

Regards,

John Kettler

Originally posted by John Kettler:

Misereor,

News to me, and nothing in the manual, either, at least that I could find! It did say that the Human Wave command improved the morale of the unit so ordered, but that was it. Are you sure that the shot came from within the unit and not from hostiles? Also, ran search on CMBB Forum under "commissar" and came up with nada und bupkus. BFC, what's the story here, please?

Regards,

John Kettler

The unit was pinned, so the shot may either have been background noise, or German Rifle fire. The reason for my amusement was about Soviet Comissars using their sidearms in a rather agressive manner to inspire morale, and my vague suspicion, after witnessing the above event, that it might have been modelled in the game.

Which it most likely isn't, but if someone had experienced something similar it would be nice to know. smile.gif

If it was in the game is certainly would have been discovered by now.

As for me, I have had success with the Human Wave attack and encourage it for the right conditions. Urrah!!!

If the game was programmed a little more complexly, I would welcome the "commisar effect" as a realistic feature. :eek: