Enemy LOS question

Discounting the potential AT gun bug, are there any other instances where an enemy tank could hit your tank, but you couldn't hit them back?

I don't mean cases where long range, optics, etc. matter. I am specifically asking about terrain elevation. Even if one side is hull down, the other side could still hit him, just the chances are less, right? Are there cases where one side is truly invulnerable?

I had a couple of SU-152s going up against a tiger. I was at really close range (100m), and the tiger was on a little hill, above my SUs. From ground level, I could see most of the tiger from the position of my SUs. However, I didn't have LOS to the tiger by the LOS tool. From the tiger at ground level, it could similarly see most of my SUs.

At this point, since I wasn't sure, I reversed out and tried a different approach, since based on my eyeball approximation of the tiger's LOS, he could hit me.

So I was wondering if I could assume that if "I can't see him means he can't see me".

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

One helpful thing to remember here (and in some other sticky CM wickets) is that for calculation and mechanics purposes, all CM vehicles are points.

The game engine recognizes vehicles as dimensionless points moving around the map. The pretty models are just an illusion. This means that the gun, and the vision slit are in exactly the same spot for all vehicles.

The real life situations that would allow asymetric spotting don't exist. There is no way that an enemy will see, for example, the rear and engine of your tank peeking around a building and be able to fire on it while your TC cannot see the enemy tank. Your engine, TC and gun have all been collapsed into an infinitely dense point that not even light.... well, you get the point.

Bonus: This also explains why CM vehicles cannont be used as cover by infantry. There is nothing for the infantry to hide behind.