ParaBellum v MasterGoodale AAR

Originally posted by dieseltaylor:

Congratulations - great site, great idea

Thanks. It would have been a shame to see it lost in the forums.

I am hoping to launch a tourney in my local area, using the library and press, myself stumping-up for some prize money.
Sounds like a great idea. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Early days yet but this kind of site is brilliant for introducing the uninitiated to the "Great Game".
I think so to. CMBB can initially seem very overwhelming and complicated, but the two writers really put across how much fun it can be too.

I believe it to have immense educational value and compared to the trigger reaction games is far more likely to get youngsters to realise war can be very terminal
Well I'd have certainly found history lessons more appealing if I could have spent some time playing Combat Mission. Although there's no easy way to check the veracity of everything, I feel the game and some of the posts on this forum have taught me quite a bit.

However, considering the sort of casualty rates and equipment losses we achieve in a small battle lasting half an hour, Combat Mission (especially Beyond Overlord) may be rather too terminal. A nice campaign feature in CMX2 could encourage commanders to be a little more circumspect smile.gif

Teddy

Wonderful World of Combat Mission