Weather Bug?

Have any of you played a totally random quick setup and had weather that was conflicting? My friend set up a game that turned out to be December 1943. The temperature is "Extremely Cold". However, it is also "Wet" and thus my armor is bogging down on open terrain with extremely aggrevating frequency (I thought this may be a problem so I'm sticking with the hunt and move commands and to open ground). How can it be extremely cold and wet at the same time? In Russia with the extremely cold temperature, the ground and all water is frozen solid (the map shows this as all the ponds are ice). So why are my tanks getting bogged? Is this a bug or could this be due to ice or even the extreme cold screwing up my tanks?

It is an assault so this affects me much more than him. I've already had a quarter of my armor become immobile with over another quarter currently bogged and the game is only 9 turns old. At this rate, I'll never advance a tank even close enough to an objective hex. I think this gave him a huge unfair advantage.