Mods on cmmods

I've recently uploaded some mods on the CMMODS site. i'm posting this because parts of those mods aren't mine, and I don't want to try to take credit for them.

but, since i did most of these a couple of years ago, i don't have a clue whose mods they might be. i apologize for this, so if you see some work thats yours, i'd love to give you the credit for it.

finally, if you have any comments about any of those mods, please post, even critical comments are welcome, especially if they are constructive.

Hi David,

there could be, i really wish i had the mods i used, so i could give the credit where it's due. that really bugs me...

And Thank you for compliments! but, no i didn't do either the 251/10 or 251-16, just the three that are put on already. I could put the plain gelb copies up too, even the PSP files, if you'd like.

paul.

Some modders are more ticklish than others about their work but for the most part a "with apologies to whoever did he original art" is more than enough to smooth ruffled feathers. it'd be a bit more difficult if money exchanged hands for the artwork - but it doesn't. You could do a search on CMMODS.COM or www.combatmission.com by vehicle and sort through the old art to find the original mod, but that's a lot of effort just for the sake of a credit line.

Hi MikeyD,

I'd have a hard time doing that because I modded the mods, as it were. Sometimes i only took parts of each BMP, and added them to my work, because folks did a better job than i ever could at say, a bolt or tool or something.

ah well, I didn't ever post them before because of this. i still play CMBB fairly frequently, though, and mess with the modded BMP's a lot, so I thought i'd put the mods out there for folks to see. i'm genuinely interested in hearing how I did. Or maybe I'm just a glutton for punishment.

But finally, anyone can do anything with the stuff I've done, certainly. heh, it'd be kind of hypocritical to say otherwise.

Thanks for the response, and by the way, your mods rock.

paul.

Hejhog, at least feel free to use and abuse any of my artwork any way you want with MY full blessing! smile.gif

It would be another matter if I saw some piece of mine published in a book for sale without permission - and I do seem to recall having discovered that before - but I didn't boher to complain about that either

• 1 month later...

Hejhog,

Hi and thanks to share your mods with CM community, I was pleasantly surprised, nice camo and they're matching well with the most of MikeyD's panzers.

Nevertheless I permitted myself to make some modifications at your work (old BFC's 251 running gear base & old ATFox's Wespe running gear base).

I also made a 251/10 with your 251's at it's basis.

Hope you like'em I'm waiting your green light flashing to upload 'em.

251cs0.th.jpg

2511gg1.th.jpg

wesperr0.th.jpg

I did the gelb Wespe too!

smile.gif

Pat

[ May 10, 2007, 02:49 AM: Message edited by: patboy ]

• 3 weeks later...