The New and Improved v1.03 Cheery Thread of Master Goodale's Maggot Madness

Maggots ! AttenTION ! At ease. :mad:

OK, listen up.

Just to remind you maggots that I will be AWL for the next seven days or so. I will return with fury on Wednesday. In the meantime, my opponents may play around with the turns that I just sent, which were updated to 1.03 when possible.

A setup sent to Snotball who deserves a horrible fate at the hands of my defending Finns, for creating the scenario Forward Recon. I never got enough reinforcements. :D :mad:

Maggots ! AttenTION ! Fall out ! :mad:

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by DaveH:

Hey, Crow, get back here. We're honored with your presence when you only have 7 posts in 21 months. Plus you do a pretty good MasterGoodale (the maggot) impression. That's such a pity.

Yer, well, I haven't had much to say for myself in the past, too many other distractions :mad: , but CMBB has my full attention now so expect to see my post count rise! :D However my ability at the game may take a while longer to begin rising to something even approaching a half way competent level! tongue.gif

As for my impression of the TNT chucker (rank: GrandMaster), I was rehearsing it for days before posting to get the nuances just right. Glad you approve.

I've now ended up posting on here twice, why do I get the feeling I am descending down a slippery slope from which there may well be no turning back! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Originally posted by Dave H:

Have you guys had the experience of typing out some long, extravagant post with tons of literary references, witty jokes, humorous anecdotes, and blindingly sharp reasoning; but then losing it when you clicked the "Add Reply" button? :confused: No, probably not for you cretins with your single digit IQs. tongue.gif:D

If you had experienced this, caused by carefully counting up the graemlins in your post and missing one embedded in a quoted post (say the :mad: Jason is using in his name) you would be really ticked off. Anyone know why BFC picked eight as the cutoff point? Is there some computer juju about having no more than eight of these icons in a message? MasterGoodale (you maggot), can't you fix or do somefink? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

If I exceed the limit, I just hit my back button and I can just delete the funny faces. Netscape 7...

I have a metric buttload of games running, more than I ever expected to have to fret about.

Grog Dorosh has kindly reminded me that I owe him a turn from February. Sheesh. You'd have thought he would let it lie, but no.

MassaGutBurble, that weasel-whipping pig-fellator, is so close to defeat I can already feel the woody. I have worked out that he now needs 1,000 points of flag captures or inflicted casualties to achieve a draw. Tee hee hee! No chance, DeadBoil. Your infantry suck, even those ones you're trying to sneak round behind me.

Snogarock continues to confound in this arctic bitchfest he calls a setup. He has been extra-gamey by picking tanks which bog in deep snow whilst my tanks glide (or at least they did, so they glid) over the snow like they're on the piste - which is exactly what I'm on.

Kranky is proving a distressing opponent. I hate night battles, I hate random maps, and I hate night battles on random maps. This is all, quite definitively, someone else's fault.

No other biatches have sent me turns.

Originally posted by Keke:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Axe2121:

Crow, in case you haven't noticed, Dave H has an unhealthy obsession with padding out his post stats. It borders on the frightening actually.

Look who's talking! :eek: </font>

Originally posted by Prinz Eugen:

Maggots ! AttenTION ! At ease. :mad:

A setup sent to Snotball who deserves a horrible fate at the hands of my defending Finns, for creating the scenario Forward Recon. I never got enough reinforcements. :D :mad:

Maggots ! AttenTION ! Fall out ! :mad:

Hey, bitch!! I never got an AAR for Forward Recon. Send me an email telling me what you thought and how I could improve the scenario!

Okay Axe Handle the smoldering heap of Gamieness known as Cherry Waffle has landed in my inbox. So I desided to "share the joy" by picking the Russians and passing the love (read: setup) to you.

My game with PlatCmdr has come to an end. Let's just say that my troops were no match for the wave of SMG squads than ran over them like a steam roller.

To top it all off, my mood also slighty less jolly (read :mad: ) thanks to my downloading of a ROM of the origianl X-COM UFO defence. It's like rushing Conscript T-34s at Crack Tigers. Too bad some of PlatCmdrs SMG squads weren't there. I'm sure they could have sent the aliens packing as no technology in extistance can stop a hoard of drunken Russians with PPSHs.

Although I bet Gooieale himself would get a kick out of the game. Just fill a Skyranger (Holds 14 men) with raw recruits armed with nothing but pre-primed demolition charges. At the very least he could get the Goverment sponsers off my back:

Monthly Rating -1500 (Terrible!)

"The funding commitee is not happy with your preformance and has desided to reduce funding."

"GARGARGRAGRARGARGARGARG :mad: I don't care what you think! I'm too busy chucking moldy TNT at aliens, maggots, and alien maggots! Cut into my TNT funds and I'll rip your lungs out through your ass! GARGARGARARG :mad: :mad: :mad: "

[ June 11, 2003, 08:15 PM: Message edited by: Nippy ]

Originally posted by Crow:

Yer, well, I haven't had much to say for myself in the past, too many other distractions :mad: , but CMBB has my full attention now so expect to see my post count rise! :D However my ability at the game may take a while longer to begin rising to something even approaching a half way competent level! tongue.gif

Crow, this thread is full of halfway competent players, and right now every one of them is beating me like a drum. So feel free to join the club. If you would like having a small PBEM to get your feet wet, send me a setup. Since I've had a couple of PBEMs disappear into the v 1.03 void, I could squeeze in something well below the divisional level so beloved by MasterGoodale (the fury maggot). ;)

Originally posted by Crow:

I've now ended up posting on here twice, why do I get the feeling I am descending down a slippery slope from which there may well be no turning back!

Once you're infected with Cheery Waffles, mold, ants, and fury maggots, there is no turning back. Just remember to treat such fine, upstanding CMBB players like Axe, Mike_the_wino, Soddball, Keke, and especially MasterGoodale (the maggot) as the witless schoolchildren they really are. :D

Count me out. I can only stand having my ass handed to me once by you.

Besides, there won't be much of it left when your gazillion MkIVs are through with my T-34s that were aparently assembled by drunken defeatists using aluminum foil and rubber bands.

Lizzen up, suck-nuts!

I am back. I know y'all missed me but your suffering is to be soothed. Plus, you need one more drunken rambling fool to offset the crap being flung around here. It's a pen full of monkeys with diarrhea and spastic colons throwing feces about.

Speaking of monkeys...Assmonkey#1 did I hurt your Canadian feelings? Let's get one going and see who owns who. None of this half-arsed draw crap neither. A quote from one of my favorite movies comes to mind: "I will gouge out your eyes and skull f*ck you!!!" :mad: Let's have a go at the "Cheery Waffle" thingy. I will play what ever side you are presently playing against. That way you won't get any gamey previews of your opponents forces, you gamey hoor you. :mad:

Turns out to Dave H and MasterbatingAboveallelse. The first got a turn because I couldn't bear the thought that I would have to surrender my sig to the second maggot. Both are hoors and losing badly. :mad:

Teddy is a truly fine individual who updated our game and saved me the trouble. At the same time he turned back the clock. Outstanding.

Alas Cockpuppet hasn't been so kind and it looks like the backward clock thingy is gonna happen to him as well. :mad:

Who's up for an attack or assault game. I have enough of MEs for the moment. I'll play Allied for a switch from my current games. Anyone? Anyone?

I'll give it another go as the Germans. I have a soviet attack map I made that I've been wanting to try out.

How does 1250 point Soviet Attack in June of 1944 sound?

Sorry for the mix up...wait, no I'm not, but I'm high as a kite instead.

However, like mom always says: "A promise made is a debt unpaid". She also said "I had a dream last night about sticking you old man's head under water...it felt good." so I don't put too much stock into what she says.

Anyway, Shosties4th is in luck as I just so happen to have another map that I had set up for a early war soviet counter attack that I can use. I'll just take out the forces, use the map in the QB, and then I'll be ready to blow both your sorry asses back to Moscow. So here is battle lineup as it stands:

Axe2121 - I think my 14.5kb setup file overloaded his Hotmail account. If you didn't get a setup from me for Cherry Waffle, let me know and I'll send it again. So far my forces seem somewhat normal, however, I await the horror that is to come with any re-enforcments. Since Soddball likes feedback on his creations, I'm going to do one of my turn-by-turn AARs on this one.

Robohn - Gets to try out my late war soviet attack map by blasting his way through forests, hills, farms, and large rail/switching yard.

Shosties4th - Gets to blow up a sleepy Russian village in the center of a forest. To make things interesing, I'm using Mech only forces. I wonder how many Flak30's I can buy with that...

Edit: Like guns; posting and perscription narcotics don't mix.

[ June 12, 2003, 04:02 AM: Message edited by: Nippy ]

I'm a feckin' idgit (don't quote me on that) and hit the "new topic" button instead of the "post reply" button and posted an earlier message to the main page. Well, enough with this self-effacing tribute to my inability to function after a 12 hour shift.

Achem, as for my previous post:

Okay maggots, I find myself with the unusual luxury of having too much time on my hands. In the sweltering Vegas heat, I'm now stuck inside with a cold one and a skyrocketing electric bill until the "freeze" comes in September. So. there's plenty of time to:

1) Give Nippy a chance to win his honor back (three months ought to be enough time).

2) Take any maggot takers on in a little tet-a-tet

Originally posted by Nippy:

Axe2121 - I think my 14.5kb setup file overloaded his Hotmail account. If you didn't get a setup from me for Cherry Waffle, let me know and I'll send it again. So far my forces seem somewhat normal, however, I await the horror that is to come with any re-enforcments. Since Soddball likes feedback on his creations, I'm going to do one of my turn-by-turn AARs on this one.

Use my jasonballantyne@sympatico.ca account Nippy. It's reserved especially for maggots.

AAR? Excellent. Turn by turn? Even better. We'll be able to share your excrutiating loss and humiliation with the world. Just keep taking those narcotics and they'll dull the pain.

Jas :mad: n

AAR? Excellent. Turn by turn? Even better. We'll be able to share your excrutiating loss and humiliation with the world. Just keep taking those narcotics and they'll dull the pain.

Something tells me it will read more like a lovecraft novel. I.e. unspeakable horror and everyone involved either dead or insane.

PlatCmdr - With the 3 PBEMs I got now and some pesky real world commitments I'm not quite ready for a rematch. However, I'll glady take you up on the chance for revenge...er...offer in 2 or 3 weeks.

Originally posted by mike_the_wino:

...Turns out to Dave H and MasterbatingAboveallelse. The first got a turn because I couldn't bear the thought that I would have to surrender my sig to the second maggot. Both are hoors and losing badly. :mad:

In a shocking development, the late mike_the_wino turned up again yesterday, after all right-thinking people had decided that his maggot-infested body was buried somewhere beneath his newly landscaped yard. Apparently the thought of losing his recognition in a months-old sig line was enough motivation to reanimate the decomposing corpse.

This just in: not only has mike_the_wino emerged from certain death; he has also somehow converted the file in Car Wars to v 1.03!! According to eyewitnesses, he required "two computers and enough liquor to fill an Olympic sized pool". Once again he bravely faces the onslaught of mighty Allied armored cars, scout cars, and halftracks with his overmatched Axis assault guns and tanks. Way to go, mike (you maggot)!! tongue.giftongue.gif