Hey, did we get that gun?

With the new EFOW in CMBB, it's often hard to tell if you've killed an anti-tank gun or onboard artillery piece. Once the gun is suppressed, it converts to a generic contact marker and you often can't see whether it's been killed. Sometimes you can spot the crew adjacent to the gun, but that isn't always possible. But I've found that there often is a way to tell--check the "kill info" screen of the units (esp. tanks and mortars) firing on the gun. Often you'll see the gun listed there as killed. Then your attack can proceed as planned.

Some might argue that it's gamey to use this info, but I would contend that:

1) It's hard NOT to use it once you're aware of it's availability

2) It's consistent with the unit right on the scene in real life having more detailed info than the battalion commander running the battle. As battalion commander, you check to find out if the units assigned to KO a gun have done the job. If they tell you they have, the attack can forge ahead.

• 2 weeks later...

There are a couple of tricks I've learned so that I don't have to check the unit kill display, which isn't necessarily reliable during the game.

1) If a generic contact marker disappears when a shot landed nearby, you killed it.

2) If the terrain shown in the unit display goes blank, you killed it.

I no longer have to wonder, because those two rules appear to cover 100% of the kills.