128 L60

Originally posted by Oddball_E8:

there will be no further additions to CMBB... youll have to wait for CMX

I haven't really been following this, but from the above, can one surmise that CMX will simulate the ost front? Extrapolating: then why NOT include CMBO & CMAK and CM"1937-40". Are we finally going to get it all? I dot't play CMBO anymore because it lacks the granularity & refinement of CMBB. But I have an interest in all fronts - different tac problems related to differing national force mixes & terrain/weather mixes.

Originally posted by Stalins Organ:

...can one surmise that CMX will simulate the ost front?

No one knows yet what CMX will include (except possibly BFC, and I'm not really sure about them either). The original plan was that it would be CM3, which is now CMAK and will appear in the original engine. Then CM4 would be the Blitzkrieg Years.

Whether the new engine will start off with the Blitzkrieg Years or a return to the ETO is an open question at the moment.

Extrapolating: then why NOT include CMBO & CMAK and CM"1937-40".
That appears not to be a good business model for BFC.

Are we finally going to get it all?
Presumably, but one theater at a time.

Michael

Doesn't the Chamberlain and Doyle book indicate that two of these were mounted on Pz IV chassis and tested on the eastern front? I remember reading that one was captured intact by the Russians with something like 22 kill rings on the barrel and is now in a museum somewhere over there.

Originally posted by flamingknives:

Of course, CMX2 might end up somewhen other than WWII.

I didn't want to open that can of worms.

But now that it is, I think that although BFC has hinted that they are more willing to contemplate non-WW II venues, they are not likely to do so in the immediate future. But that's just my guess.

Michael

Originally posted by CrapGame:

Doesn't the Chamberlain and Doyle book indicate that two of these were mounted on Pz IV chassis and tested on the eastern front? I remember reading that one was captured intact by the Russians with something like 22 kill rings on the barrel and is now in a museum somewhere over there.

Is it possible that you are thinking about this prototype?

Heavy Panzerjager

The two vehicle that were deployed to the Eastern Front were armed with a 105mm gun.