CMBB Graphic Mods

Could anyone let me know which are the best graphic and sound upgrades for CMBB and where they are to be found?

Currently I have only tried a few on the demo, I am waiting till the game is in stock to get the full version.

In the demo I can not tell evevations very well. I downloaded Mad Dogs MDMP1 graphics mod and it improved the trees and grass a lot. That and with the gridded velvet grass made a big difference.

Are the Mad Dag packs 1 & 2 for CMBB or CMBO?

and the Small Arms Pack by Juju is it for CMBB?

I have had a look at a few sites and it is hard to tell what is the latest or best, especially in uniforms, and I do not want to down grade the graphics.

I can't wait to get the full game, but would like to get the best upgrades before I get it.

Any help would be appreciated

Juju's small arms pack enables you to mod both CMBO and CMBB. Be sure to read and follow the instructions.

The original CMBO graphics were all low res. Replacing them with hi res graphics makes a world of difference in the CMBO's visual experience. So low res mods are quite good, but in general are inferior to those done in hi res. Most CMBO vehicles have been done in hi res by at least one modder. There are a few exceptions. I believe that the Nashhorn and Hummel have only been modded once and it was in low res. If there is no statement saying whether a mod is hi or low res, check the size of the BMPs with the originals. If they are significantly bigger, you probably have a hi res mod.

No winter mods are included on the CMBO and CMBB CDs. Most vehicles are available in winter mods. However, I have found that most exceptions--where no such winter mods are availabe (in either hi or low res)--are CMBO Commonwealth vehicles. Winter mods would be first on my list to add to either game.

CMBB is all hi res. So, most mod replacements will be by individual taste.

Finally, check out the CMMOS system that allows you to select, change and return to the items you prefer in both CMBO and CMBB. The place to started with CMMOS is the Combat Mission HQ web site.

Thanks for the replies.

I will check out the mods and just take a look.

With the small arms mod by Juju, he does not say what the option is with the _A you have to remove to use the file. With a game like this it is hard to tell what the small changes may be.

With the first option it is easy too tell as the gun has a different number -42 & 43,and a reason

ie: #1900 1900G erman MG-42

# 1900_A. German MG-34 - option

(not actually featured in CM)

But the next ones are not as clear,

eg:

# 1907 British Lee-Enfield Rifle

# 1907_A British Lee-Enfield Rifle - option

I will try to keep things as realistic as possible and just give a few a try.

Regards Markl