I should know this -- Churchill Croc

Ok, maybe I never used one before.

I have a platoon of enemy infantry well within range. 50 to 75m, I want to roast 'em. I can only get the main gun and mg to come up on the menu. Bow mg is hull down.

Can't seem to be able to select the FT or does the AI do this and when? It already fired two HE shells. Gotta back up in the next 30 seconds, maybe less, before I take some infantry AT.

Toasty Toad

Originally posted by Louie the Toad:

Ok, maybe I never used one before.

I have a platoon of enemy infantry well within range. 50 to 75m, I want to roast 'em. I can only get the main gun and mg to come up on the menu. Bow mg is hull down.

Can't seem to be able to select the FT or does the AI do this and when? It already fired two HE shells. Gotta back up in the next 30 seconds, maybe less, before I take some infantry AT.

Toasty Toad

When you target a unit make sure you choose to target without the main weapon.

Thanks guys,

I thought the 'bow mg blocked - hull down' notice was letting me know I was hull down. So now I gotta go forward just a little. I guess.

Hope that 'little' isnt a little too much.

Toad

you might still be able to stay hull down, but release the bow mg/FT part of the tank to fire. your position will probably not be as good to handle AT fire. But, if there is a risk of incoming AT fire from guns or other tanks, you probably shouldn't be worrying about using the FT on some infantry.

smile.gif

By the way,

It worked fine. A nice long and wide spray. It totaly engulfed one squad and touched at least one of the other two. However I did not see any figure reduction/elimination on either squad, not even the engulfed one. I thought it would be good for at least 3 casualties.

Scared em away though. They must have been sub machine gun squads due to the toll they had been taking on my poor bloody infantry.

Tongue of Fire ... Toad

By the way,

It worked fine. A nice long and wide spray. It totaly engulfed one squad and touched at least one of the other two. However I did not see any figure reduction/elimination on either squad, not even the engulfed one. I thought it would be good for at least 3 casualties.

FOW may have played a factor. Wait till the end game and check the casualties caused.

Also, don't forget that what you see is not always exactly whats happening.

The flame may have possibly missed the guys, but scared the crap out of them. Either way, they are probably broken, and thats almost as good, use that MG on the croc to keep 'em runnin'

smile.gif

I love this game.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Flame tanks are truly devestating !

i would always buy one in quick battles against the AI ! Remember that there are cheaper versions like the wasp or the badger or thegerman halftrack whose name i forgot.

in CMBB they are even more devestating...you should give them a try !!!!"

Oi Oi nOI skolman

Skolman you must be refering to the 251/16 (i think) as the German HT. That thing is so beautiful that every time I see one on my side I kiss my screen. Seriously, not too expensive, don't bog like tanks, and you get a MG as well. Only drawback is that its a HT and therefore vulnerable. Best if used a reserve to help turn the tide or chase scared troops right off the map. The Allies flame tanks are much tougher front-line units IMO.